IGNORED

What Killed NJH?

Rusty

I think the down fall of NJh had to do with owners that only cared about money and not about its members or hunting.  The greatest hit was when contributing members started getting banned.   Jersey jay higuy and I think miss grit was the nail in the coffin that sent the majority here where knowledge can be past on.  Not to mention some of the members banned over there are the ones that run the contests again mis gritt with the youth contest.   I know a lot of people make remarks of some threads that it's getting very nj hunter but to be honest I dont think that was the down fall at all.  Life would be boring if we all had the same views,  I believe even personal attacks that happen are soon forgotten and in the end we all have the same interests hunting and fishing.

Was too much moderator control .

started with trying to keep bullshit fights from going on .

but then it became about post content , and not allowing you to talk about equipment and ideas shared to help others be successful .

thats a very thin line , on limiting what one could talk about .

it became you couldn’t even post about a trip without being a sponsor .

post reads is what draws hit to a site , and posters who posted a lot of info were pushed away .

.I actually was told when I was a sponsor running trips , I could write about my trips .

but not show equipment used in the pictures of clients fishing , unless those brands also paid fees.

and all of it started with one sponsor who couldn’t give away MONEY  , let alone sell something complained .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Matt is involved in the site. The moderators are better even if we sometimes disagree with them from time to time. I mean face it the one mod on njh trolled people to start trouble. We don't have crazy people here stealing money from contests or fake stories about a newspaper getting stolen. For the most part we are all outdoorsman/women and are happy for each others success. Even politics does not stop us from congratulating each other for success in the woods or water.  Hell one member here even asked me yesterday WTF was my problem. No big deal. I met the guy on NJH and set up in a spot I had good success and he got his first bow deer. He quit hunting for three years and gave me his ladder stand. Well when he finally came back out this past fall, I gave him back that stand and showed him a spot where he took his first crossbow deer on his first sit.  This fall we will be chasing whitetails together again. I failed in helping him kill a good buck last season so going to have to try harder this season. 

So Rusty, I do not think there is a snowball chance in hell this site will ever resemble NJH. Reason one is matt will not let that happen. He is very involved. And that makes a world of difference. 

I was the either the 4th or 6th member, and Chris made me one of the monitors, I was the type to let things slide allow people to voice their opinion and when things slowed down or at night I would delete it, but that wasn't good enough. So they took me off as a monitor. Plus they didn't like the "BROTHERHOOD" vs the "INNERCIRCLE" you either complied with their ways or you became a outcast, in other words they loved power and control, but after it was sold it got alot worst with the new owner looking at $$$$ then the reason people went on there....to BS about the outdoors, make friends, etc

I think Matt does a terrific job running the site, and as we know, good performance starts at the top. 
I also agree the mods here are much better then on NJH. 
Other then keeping the trolls at bay, which you guys are doing a good job with, ensuring equal treatment regarding moderating is a key to keeping the drama in check.
If people see that everyone is treated equally, they’ll know that they will be called out for an infraction without hesitation, that will keep things in order for the most part. 
The worst thing that can happen that will curtail activity by forum users, is if it appears there is a clique, or inner circle mentality among  the more regular users/mods which excludes new thoughts and ideas from potential new users. Guys will be reluctant to speak up for fear of getting brow beaten or ridiculed. 

All the arguing, nonsense, trolling, selling and “mine is bigger then yours” issues on NJH was the downfall. 
Its difficult To control all those issues, unless you have good leadership and a good team, which this site has. 
As long as the mods powers don’t  go to their heads, which I feel Matt has a good handle on judging by his response to the earlier posts that I believe initiated this post,  this site will Continue to get bigger and better. 

Thanks for all you guys do to keep this site from going the way of NJH. 

Rusty... a site is only as good as its moderation. That was key in the downfall of NJH. It micromanaged content. Here, most content is allowed but doesn’t change the fact that some stricter enforcement is apparent lately. One must not forget some of the most argumentative topics have threads with the highest post count. Take to much of that away and things can become very boring. That being said, there are a couple mods that need a good kick in the balls. :eyebrow:

AWM

8 minutes ago, Live to Hunt said:

New Jersey Hunter is still alive. Look this shit stirrer can’t get enough 

7132A56E-EDB1-4EE0-B76A-3F4243B901C7.jpeg

Yea I check in over there too. On rare ocassion someone actually posts something. If I was stirring shit I would keep reminding you everyday that there is probably only one person on NJWW that voted for murphy.   And by you posting this I think it would be you looking to stir shit. 

And I don't see you post up about a mod or two that show up over there from time to time also. You make it sound like we shouldn't visit any other site but NJWW. Is that the new 11th commandment?