IGNORED

What Killed NJH?

Rusty

On 4/5/2020 at 5:36 PM, deadonshot2 said:

Matt is involved in the site. The moderators are better even if we sometimes disagree with them from time to time. I mean face it the one mod on njh trolled people to start trouble. We don't have crazy people here stealing money from contests or fake stories about a newspaper getting stolen. For the most part we are all outdoorsman/women and are happy for each others success. Even politics does not stop us from congratulating each other for success in the woods or water.  Hell one member here even asked me yesterday WTF was my problem. No big deal. I met the guy on NJH and set up in a spot I had good success and he got his first bow deer. He quit hunting for three years and gave me his ladder stand. Well when he finally came back out this past fall, I gave him back that stand and showed him a spot where he took his first crossbow deer on his first sit.  This fall we will be chasing whitetails together again. I failed in helping him kill a good buck last season so going to have to try harder this season. 

So Rusty, I do not think there is a snowball chance in hell this site will ever resemble NJH. Reason one is matt will not let that happen. He is very involved. And that makes a world of difference. 

Lets Hope not 

40 minutes ago, 06roadking said:

There were certain things that were turning me off a little at a time. I dint care about classifieds. I’ve bought a sold stuff here and there and if I’m not interested, I just cruise past. A couple of things I didn’t like was some of the bullshit stories that were flat out lies. It’s funny at first but, if I keep reading them, I feel like I’m being taken as an idiot. Even if it’s in my own mind. That pie for the neighbor clown was not only a flat out liar, he got some guys, out of the goodness of their heart, to give him equipment after he said his shit got stolen or something, then sold it. I literally wanted to beat his ass. Then Axiom with his never ending bridge story which, was nothing more than a “my duck is bigger than yours” story. Then some really good members get banned...including myself...for bitching about banning the others. Then some new guy posts a picture of his first buck and people make fun of him. Then, the last straw was o so ill and his power plays. It started to become an aggravation instead of informative or fun. I dont need anymore aggravation in my life than I already have. Ya start feeling like a fool when you bring it on yourself. I met a lot of good people over there but, they are here now anyway. All that and the Russians was just too much...

You Sir I consider a Friend Hope you are well .

That douche Osokill destroyed the site. The fish rots from the head down, and osokill was like a dead catfish left out in the sun and run over by a city bus. He banned Livesintrees for asking a simple question about what to do with the bears nether region...the giblets so to speak

Edited by birdshotnj

8 hours ago, 06roadking said:

A couple of things I didn’t like was some of the bullshit stories that were flat out lies. It’s funny at first but, if I keep reading them, I feel like I’m being taken as an idiot. 

C'mon, some of those stories were great.  Remember Mark Twain's philosophy, don't let the facts ruin a good story!  :rofl:

There were a pair of pro-staffers way back that had some great stories.   There was one story where they were hunting and ended up fighting a bunch of Mexicans.  :rofl: 

What Killed NJH?

Financial Greed, Soup Nazi style banning of contributors, and the arrogant Oso-smarter-than thou-killed it.

Besides, my understanding of the Chinese language has not improved, despite their repeated efforts to force it upon me.

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

1 hour ago, Stan Putz said:

Lots of keyboard commandos and cliques when I first joined NJH. It's a lot tamer over here, still a few gurus & wanna-be pro staffers, but that's every internet hunting site.

I remember when I first joined NJH - and LOVED your handle and avatar...    Still makes me laugh today!

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

On 4/6/2020 at 1:55 PM, Bucndoe said:

I lurked there for a long time reading posts. A very good friend of mine who was very popular there convinced me to join so I did. It was good for awhile but absolute power corrupts absolutely. He was a real good in the outdoors with vast knowledge that he loved to share. He died, I stayed for awhile but then got out of dodge. Too many people on there giving very false information and some real hatred there towards certain groups. I hunt and fish to relax, not argue with people about things they know nothing about or have zero experience with.

Screenshot_20200406-141031.jpg

Edited by nickmarch