IGNORED

Sauce or Gravy?

LPJR

Picked up my buck from Frankie who butchers the entire deer into thin cutlets at my request. 

Made venison cutlet parmegiana tonight to have tomorrow. Pounded the cutlets thin and fried them just enough to brown the bread crumbs leaving them rare. Layered the pan with sauce and mozzarella with the cutlets in between.

Will go in the oven tomorrow night...

So is it sauce or gravy for you? 

My answer is obvious..

20220122_182336.jpg

20220122_182750.jpg

20220122_184957.jpg

20220122_190024.jpg

20220122_191018.jpg

20220122_191304.jpg

20220122_190603.jpg

20220122_191645.jpg

Edited by LPJR

2 minutes ago, LPJR said:

So is it sauce or gravy for you? 

I have a funny story about this question :)

Back when I was 10 or 11 years old, my family went to Disney World - stayed at the Contemporary (back then it was one of the only hotels there! And the only park they had was the Magic Kingdom, Epcot was under construction. But I digress).

OK, so in the Contemporary, there was a buffet line for dinner. I'm a 10 year old Italian kid from Jersey... I get a plate of spaghetti and the server asks what I want on top. I said, "Gravy, please". What do you think he put on top of my spaghetti?

Yup - brown gravy! :blink:

Who puts brown gravy on spaghetti??!?!?!?!?!? Who would even think if someone said "gravy" for spaghetti that they mean brown gravy??!?!??! I guess only in Florida.

I forget what I did. I think my parents made me go back and get "real" spaghetti and gravy. :D 

Gravy contains meat.  Sauce does not have any meat.  It's that simple.

My Ragú contains pork, prosciutto, and sweet sausage.  It's a gravy.  And it's red.

Marinara is a sauce because it contains no meat.  It is vegetarian (possibly vegan).

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.