IGNORED

Sauce or Gravy?

LPJR

8 hours ago, Eyesofthewoods said:

Looks good!  To me it’s sauce my wife hailing from Essex county 100% Italian they call it gravy! As long as it tastes good idc what they call it! Lol.

2nd you on looks great. 

My wife Italian also.  Here the funny thing, 100% Italian. Her father always correct people saying it's gravy not sauce,  that's what us Italian call it. He was born in NJ,  he's never been to Italy,  lol,  I have 2 fellow rabbit hunters who are right from Italy,  they call it red sauce,  it's funny when my father inlaw tries to correct,   

They must have this discussion in Italy too. I know people right off the boat who call tomato sauce, "sauce", not gravy, soo...

My grandfather's father and mother were immigrants from Italy, and my wife's grandfather and grandmother were right off the boat from Italy as well. Always been sauce in our families. 

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

30 minutes ago, DV1 said:

They must have this discussion in Italy too. I know people right off the boat who call tomato sauce, "sauce", not gravy, soo...

My grandfather's father and mother were immigrants from Italy, and my wife's grandfather and grandmother were right off the boat from Italy as well. Always been sauce in our families. 

I am 100% Italian, my grandparents were from San Felese Italy my mother and father were both children of Italian imigrants,  and we always called if Gravy.

Now as far as the picture in the OP's post RAGU is not Sauce or Gravy it is an American failed attempt at making Italian Gravy, throw it away and I will be happy to share with you a recipe for real homemade Italian gravy ( or sauce for the northern italians)

Finally if you must use something out of the jar try one of these below available all over NJ and NY. 

IT IS CALLED GRAVY

Jersey Italian Gravy Arrabbiata.jpg

Jersey original Gravy.jpg

Jersey Vodka Gravy.jpg

MICHAELS OF BROOKLYN.jpg

PAESANA.jpg

PASENA SICILIAN.jpg

Rachael Ray.jpg

sicilian.jpg

Valicinti.jpg

Edited by bushden

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

8 minutes ago, bushden said:

I am 100% Italian, my grandparents were from San Felese Italy my mother and father were both children of Italian imigrants,  and we always called if Gravy.

Now as far as the picture in the OP's post RAGU is not Sauce or Gravy it is an American failed attempt at making Italian Gravy, throw it away and I will be happy to share with you a recipe for real homemade Italian gravy ( or sauce for the northern italians)

Finally if you must use something out of the jar try one of these below available all over NJ and NY. 

IT IS CALLED GRAVY

Jersey Italian Gravy Arrabbiata.jpg

Jersey original Gravy.jpg

Jersey Vodka Gravy.jpg

MICHAELS OF BROOKLYN.jpg

PAESANA.jpg

PASENA SICILIAN.jpg

Rachael Ray.jpg

sicilian.jpg

Valicinti.jpg

Their own site says it sauce LOL

908059A9-7650-4E61-ABB0-50F49A9F529E.png

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

9 hours ago, Buckeyes11 said:

Sauce is red. Gravy is brown. And no real Italian would ever use Ragu. Lol  I’m Scottish and Irish and even I make homemade sauce. 

You are correct on the RAGU its looks good on the food but tastes disgusting, no real Italian would spoil a great dish with RAGU, non one the subject of Gravy/Sause  it is called GRAVY NOT sauce.

HONOR THE FALLEN
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

4 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Their own site says it sauce LOL

908059A9-7650-4E61-ABB0-50F49A9F529E.png

Thats because they hired an Italian from northern Italy as their webmaster and he obviously is trying to sabotage the companies reputation. It is sabotage by the enemy.

HONOR THE FALLEN

It's all sauce base when adding meat it's called Ragu...or gravy in translation is sugo when adding meat sugo di carne....in general terms sauce is used here in America or meat sauce when meats are added...at the end of the day ...enjoy

And Lou we need to talk about that store crap jar crap!!!  🤪🤪🤪🤪