IGNORED

Trout season opens 4/1!!!

NJDFW

CDC issues domestic travel advisory for N.J.

March 29, 2020

Saturday, the CDC issued a domestic travel advisory for New Jersey, New York and Connecticut, urging residents of those states to refrain from non-essential travel for the next 14 days. 

https://whyy.org/articles/cdc-issues-domestic-travel-advisory-for-n-j-delco-seeks-volunteers-for-glen-mills-medical-site/

I doubt they will allow travel April 11 to trout fish.  Turkey opener is a week later than the current travel advisory.

9 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

Saturday, the CDC issued a domestic travel advisory for New Jersey, New York and Connecticut, urging residents of those states to refrain from non-essential travel for the next 14 days. 

Reading that link, they have a quote from the governor:

New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy said Saturday that he’s been in communication with Trump and Vice President Mike Pence, and that their guidance doesn’t change the rules he’s already had in place in the state for over a week.

I take it that means we are still "allowed" to get out on the water to fish. I can't image a more socially distant activity than wading in the middle of a lake fishing by yourself.

My dreamy guess is...trout season will be opened immediately and no closures on stock days so crowds dont form......

There are no restrictions to passive recreation while social distancing, fishing provides a much needed relief of stress during these trying times, and you can provide food for your family without having to go to the supermarket!

That being said.....its probably guna be more along the lines of a total season closure due to our current leadership of this state. 

31 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

CDC issues domestic travel advisory for N.J.

March 29, 2020

https://whyy.org/articles/cdc-issues-domestic-travel-advisory-for-n-j-delco-seeks-volunteers-for-glen-mills-medical-site/

I doubt they will allow travel April 11 to trout fish.  Turkey opener is a week later than the current travel advisory.

The travel advisory is to and from nj NY and cn.  Not travel with the state by residents that is what the at home order is for

This doesn’t seem like that big of a deal.  Good ideas already mentioned in this thread should answer all of the potential issues.

They can’t push it back because it will get to warm. Either announce the stockings but fishing can not commence until the next day instead of 5pm or don’t announce and put the same amount of fish in weekly on any given day.

Something the state should have been doing with both trout and pheasant like other states do instead of the 5pm raping that goes on so everyone’s dicks can feel big after catching 30 mutant rainbows on spinners....... just my 2

42 minutes ago, Njpddet said:

I wonder about the possibility of opening the season early (like Connecticut )and also the mass stocking of this years trout (early and all at once) to free up and keep the workers safe at the hatchery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s what they are going to do

4 hours ago, Coyoteslayer said:

If someone fishes 6 foot or closer they have more than the virus to worry about.

:ninja:Was wondering whatever happened to ex governor, c**t Christine Whitman supporter of hunting and fishing, head of EPA , ground zero it's nothing to worry about,the air safe.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Catch and release starts April 1st to all waters.. April 10 will start the 8 am. At this point you may keep the fish. 530,000 trout will be released prior to April 10. 400,000 released already, 130,000 trout still left to release. 40,000 will remain in the hatchery and will be released at a later date. That's the latest..

Edited by MPSR
sentence error

2 minutes ago, MPSR said:

Catch and release starts tomorrow April 1 to all waters.. April 10 will start the 8 am. At this point you may keep the fish. 530,000 trout will be released prior to April 10. 400,000 released already, 130,000 trout still left to release. 40,000 will remain in the hatchery and will be released at a later date. That's the latest..

You mean Wednesday, tomorrow is 31...  And April 11 .

Edited by NJREALTOR