IGNORED

Trout season opens 4/1!!!

NJDFW

1 minute ago, DBuck said:

You beat me to it. Only correction is Wednesday is the 1st, not tomorrow. My phone was cutting in and out, what did they say about the Stocking days start time?

April 11 will be for keepers.  Stocking day times are suspended.

6 minutes ago, DBuck said:

Ok, During the season also, or just during the C and R period?

Yes (Those are in season dates)  I'm pretty sure April 1st 8 am then April 11, 8 am for keepers. They stocked 92% of all the trout. There will be no in season stocking except for the 40,000 left at the hatchery.

Edited by NJREALTOR

1 minute ago, NJREALTOR said:

Yes (Those are in season dates)  I'm pretty sure April 1st 8 am then April 11, 8 am for keepers

I get the keeper part of it, just curious about the stocking day times. But I believe it's during the season too. Other than giving people something to do during opening day, I don't really see what this does to stop the crowds on opening day.

4 minutes ago, NJREALTOR said:

Yes (Those are in season dates)  I'm pretty sure April 1st 8 am then April 11, 8 am for keepers. They stocked 92% of all the trout. There will be no in season stocking except for the 40,000 left at the hatchery.

So, what is the summary? What did this emergency vote actually change from the original season dates/times?

No in season closures, no in season stockings.  All fish will be stocked by April 1 and hatchery will be emptied.  Season Opens April 1 for catch and release, April 10 you may keep fish. That's it

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

19 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Now the first week there will be 1 million truck chasers hitting the streams to try and empty the streams out.

thst first week  will be insane 

9223FD7E-219A-4A71-B876-5DA8E643D2B0.jpeg

When it comes to stocked trout, they are just like Doritos. Pequest will make more.  

Ok so I was on the call and this makes sense and IMO they are doing a great job. Yes Jack they are mutant but better than me sitting home.

I don't like to keep trout anyway so I can fish starting 4/1 and C&R perfect ! Is there any reason for me to now show up on 4/11 to stand next to someone No. They had to do this before any further shut downs happen and they can't stock. Pray for some big rains to spread these fish out away from all the bridges and we should have plenty of trout for the remainder of the season. 

1 hour ago, Bucndoe said:

No in season closures, no in season stockings.  All fish will be stocked by April 1 and hatchery will be emptied.  Season Opens April 1 for catch and release, April 10 you may keep fish. That's it

The majority of the fish will be stocked by the end of this week. They will only be stocking the remaining 40,000 or so fish after 4/11 but with no closure.

1 hour ago, JHbowhunter said:

hard to get excited over mutant fin-less rainbows anyway.  Hopefully people don't risk extending our self isolation phase longer just to pursue these fish. 

Catching any kind of fish is exciting when there is no other game in town, some guys on  here probably don't get to excited about catching sea run bunkers either:up:

Edited by bucky

1 hour ago, OMC said:

The majority of the fish will be stocked by the end of this week. They will only be stocking the remaining 40,000 or so fish after 4/11 but with no closure.

The fish will be out of the hatchery this week. The entire seasons allotment is being put in the water 

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."