IGNORED

Police Thread...Civil

MGHunter66

On 4/3/2019 at 9:27 PM, CatchinDeers243 said:

Who said the good cops aren’t willing to step up? Im simply pointing out the risk involved and the complexity of it all. Each situation is different 

You guys are painting with a very broad brush without walking in their shoes

You hear about one bad cop and they all get a black eye and they’re all seen as bad because people find it easy. This doesn’t apply to painters doctors or other professions.

I just find this a being quick to blame which we see time and time again with the media.

Just another cop bashing site

Sorry my friend but that's a response more along the lines of snowflakes. Criticism is in no way " bashing " its merely opinion based on fact and/or experience. Truth be told there are people who should not be in law enforcement. They are generally those who want the power, pay, benefits and of course the twenty and out privilege. Does not make them bad people nor in any way is this the majority of cops, just those who are not a match for the unique callings of law enforcement. 

Civil service rules make it very difficult to get rid of a bad anything, cops, teachers, janitors which is very frustrating in particular to those who live and work in the private sector. In that world burping is an offense worthy of dismissal in particular should it "offend" a member of some new sub-class. 

Personally I have boundless respect and empathy for the police in particular those in city settings. They have become the scapegoats for all that has gone wrong with modern liberalism. Hell according to the enlightened class every cop ( in particular the white ones )  wakes up eager not to enforce the law but to hunt and murder some black child. Imagine performing your duties and risking life and limb knowing that elected scum like our Governor and most city Mayors will hang you out if it is politically expedient for their careers. Actually I'm amazed that more police just don't say fuck it. I would.

Again not bashing just debate which is why this is such a fine site. We all get to yap behind the protection of Al Gore's invention......  

On 4/3/2019 at 9:27 PM, CatchinDeers243 said:

Who said the good cops aren’t willing to step up? Im simply pointing out the risk involved and the complexity of it all. Each situation is different 

You guys are painting with a very broad brush without walking in their shoes

You hear about one bad cop and they all get a black eye and they’re all seen as bad because people find it easy. This doesn’t apply to painters doctors or other professions.

I just find this a being quick to blame which we see time and time again with the media.

Just another cop bashing site

You are very wrong on this one. I bet 99% of people on this site are very supportive of cops.
However, just because you are supportive, or even a cop, you should not sweep this type of behavior under the carpet. Let the world know noone, us or other cops, are willing to put up with the few idiots out there

I just retired April 1st after 28.25 of honorable service. Of course, every profession has bad apples but I can honestly say that in my career, I have never seen one iota of corruption. We hired good honest, hard working men and woman who gave a sh#t about the community that they worked in and they (I) have often put their lives in harms way to protect society. For those still serving, stay safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Njpddet said:

I just retired April 1st after 28.25 of honorable service. Of course, every profession has bad apples but I can honestly say that in my career, I have never seen one iota of corruption. We hired good honest, hard working men and woman who gave a sh#t about the community that they worked in and they (I) have often put their lives in harms way to protect society. For those still serving, stay safe.

Thank you for your service. Enjoy retirement, you earned every bit of it!

16 hours ago, Njpddet said:

Congratulations on your new life. Judging by my youngest I'll be joining you in 40 years!!!! 

On 4/3/2019 at 4:52 PM, Haskell_Hunter said:

I love all cops.  It’s the positions their union(s) take(s) that I have issues with....

That goes for all unions I ever worked with. I could tell you dozens of stories with unions protecting and fighting for people who can't even do their job. ( I work in Union environment for almost 30 years, I have seen it all)

Edited by Lunatic