IGNORED

Police Thread...Civil

MGHunter66

4 hours ago, Lunatic said:

So why stop at seat belts and helmets? There are so many things we do, we shouldn't  be doing, with horrific consequences to many people around us. Should we go after people who don't eat healthy, for example. Do you know what obesity does to people and every one around them, never mind the cost to society? Lest pass the law that tickets overweight people. We could use the highway weigh stations already in existence:happywave:

Luny I respect your opinion and agree with what u say to a point.  But your not comparing apples to apples..  with out getting into details when it comes to no helmets or seat belts there are things seen by first responders that leave n impression and can not be unseen nor forgotten from an accident scene that have immediate and sometimes lasting effects for those first on scene..  

17 hours ago, vdep217 said:

Those that are tasked withextracation and being first responders also deserve not having to see the consequences of not wearing a helmet..  I've done my share of extraction and even with seat belt on there have been some horror stories and sights..  what I'm saying is double edged you want the right not to wear a helmet but think of those that are tasked with the aftermath

i am sorry but my rights  to choose for myself shouldn't end with your feelings...this is why we have crazy gun laws....  i have friends and family who died on cycles that helmet did them little good when most of there body was crushed from a car or the  impact ... yes seat belts and helmets may help in some instances but not all and that should be a persons individual right to choose. 

24 minutes ago, buckhound said:

i am sorry but my rights  to choose for myself shouldn't end with your feelings...this is why we have crazy gun laws....  i have friends and family who died on cycles that helmet did them little good when most of there body was crushed from a car or the  impact ... yes seat belts and helmets may help in some instances but not all and that should be a persons individual right to choose. 

I have to agree 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

18 hours ago, vdep217 said:

Those that are tasked withextracation and being first responders also deserve not having to see the consequences of not wearing a helmet..  I've done my share of extraction and even with seat belt on there have been some horror stories and sights..  what I'm saying is double edged you want the right not to wear a helmet but think of those that are tasked with the aftermath

None of those first responders are "tasked" with anything. It's not like the gov't holds a lottery and makes random people do that job.  Those people choose to work in a field where what they are literally doing as first responders is responding to nasty stuff.   Blood, guts, brains, screaming victims, dead people, etc are literally what they signed up for. 

2 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

None of those first responders are "tasked" with anything. It's not like the gov't holds a lottery and makes random people do that job.  Those people choose to work in a field where what they are literally doing as first responders is responding to nasty stuff.   Blood, guts, brains, screaming victims, dead people, etc are literally what they signed up for. 

Yup not for everyone. 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

12 hours ago, vdep217 said:

Luny I respect your opinion and agree with what u say to a point.  But your not comparing apples to apples..  with out getting into details when it comes to no helmets or seat belts there are things seen by first responders that leave n impression and can not be unseen nor forgotten from an accident scene that have immediate and sometimes lasting effects for those first on scene..  

I get what you are saying but if you can't deal with accidents then you should move on. Making laws based on how people will react to seeing it is not very wise. With all the helmet and seat belt laws they still deal with this crap and that doesn't mean we should have more laws to protect first responders from emotional problems.(in fact this is the first time ever I heard this argument) The laws should protect us from each others. For example no texting, no DUI, no careless driving. How about eliminating gun ownership so no one has to see someone shot? Would you be for it to minimize stress on first responders?

On 4/3/2019 at 3:47 PM, BothBarrels said:

The most professional and honorable of police officers, who are trying to be understanding, helpful, and kind to people …. WILL still be falsely accused of abuse or racism by some of those same people. It's how it is.

When you have close loved ones that are police officers, your outlook on things change.

Thats why cops, engineers, doctors and other professions should work hard to weed out bad apples. If you don't, or in fact you protect them, you will be lumped together.

3 hours ago, buckhound said:

And I said that they dont alwatlys help

Thats why cops, engineers, doctors and other professions should work hard to weed out bad apples. If you don't, or in fact you protect them, you will be lumped together.

Bad apples get weeded out. But stereotypes will always exist. Not all teachers sleep with students. Not all Dr’s are pill dealers not all post office employees go nuts and shoot up the joint. Most bad apples in all walks of life get exposed eventually. If you think blue code protects bad apples you are living in the past. Not that it doesn’t happen somewhere but the days of the ole “seven-5” are gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Farmshine said:

Bad apples get weeded out. But stereotypes will always exist. Not all teachers sleep with students. Not all Dr’s are pill dealers not all post office employees go nuts and shoot up the joint. Most bad apples in all walks of life get exposed eventually. If you think blue code protects bad apples you are living in the past. Not that it doesn’t happen somewhere but the days of the ole “seven-5” are gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1000% SPOT ON 

I have been sitting back watching this thread. I promised myself I was not going to engage in any way to promote any more negative drama that has already been created by a "few" of the members on here, for whatever reason they feel the need to. Many of us, including numerous members on W&W, gave an oath to protect and serve and will continue to do so until we no longer are able to, or God willing able to retire healthy and safely....

All I ask is you watch this clip that lasts just over 4 minutes to the officers who have gave everything in the line of duty for OTHERS. 

Matt, if you feel it is too graphic, please delete. I am just not going to sit back and do nothing when there are WAY too many officers doing more of what is being described in this thread. Thank you. 

Edited by LPJR

45 minutes ago, LPJR said:

. I am just not going to sit back and do nothing when there are WAY too many officers doing more of what is being described in this thread. Thank you.

Good post Lou, I only started this thread to lighten the mood and hopefully get more positive responses after that other thread went off the rails by a few and eventually had to be locked. This thread was not to get into unions, good cop bad cop, wether you should wear a friggin helmet or not, etc. I can tell you I know a lot of cops... good ones. I can tell you that back in 1992 one of my good friends Al Goncalves who I met through his partner and frien Danny was shot at point blank range by a scum bag named Enrique Coropuna Huaman when Al responded to a silent alarm at a jewelry store. Al lived due to his bullet proof vest, luckily because you know things could have gone bad because the perps intentions were to kill. Enrique didn’t have to shoot Al, but he did and everyone that bashes cops should realize that just wearing that uniform can put you in a bad situation because you are a target to criminals. Enrique was caught in Peru in 2003, when he was being processed he proclaimed his innocence. Al walked into the room and Enrique turned white as a ghost realizing the man he left for dead was looking him in the eye. He immediately admitted what he had done or should I say tried to do. Later convicted and jailed. 

Just last week another one of my friends Paul a police officer (i dont think i should say where)was unloaded on in a hallway by a perp during a domestic call. Paul has no idea how 10 shots missed him from only a couple yards away, but they did and he is ok. Someone was watching over him. He is a father of two kids. What did Paul do for this to happen? Just responding to a call and wearing a uniform. As I said in my first post starting this thread... Love you fellas :) 

AWM