IGNORED

Police Thread...Civil

MGHunter66

42 minutes ago, YurytheRed said:

This is why I object to helmet laws. Nature should be allowed to take it's normal course. 

I am against it as well, seat belts too as I always have both on when riding or driving.... only for diff.resons 

seatbelt and helmet are nothing more than feel good money maker laws...   I would never go out on road with out it but  honestly it probably doesn't help that much several guys and gals i new that have been killed on bikes  had helmets but the injuries were internal and one had a brain injury that the helmet didnt help....

1 hour ago, buckhound said:

seatbelt and helmet are nothing more than feel good money maker laws...   I would never go out on road with out it but  honestly it probably doesn't help that much several guys and gals i new that have been killed on bikes  had helmets but the injuries were internal and one had a brain injury that the helmet didnt help....

There is one single reason we should not have seat belt and helmet laws. The government should not protect us from ourselves.....if we lived in free society.

2 hours ago, Lunatic said:

There is one single reason we should not have seat belt and helmet laws. The government should not protect us from ourselves.....if we lived in free society.

I'll disagree with you. Even in a free society government has an obligation to "restrain men from harming each other and themselves" As an aside ain't it a great site. We have gone from discussing cops to doughnuts, Starsky and Hutch, helmet laws etc. all in the same thread.:up:   

9 hours ago, YurytheRed said:

I'll disagree with you. Even in a free society government has an obligation to "restrain men from harming each other and themselves" As an aside ain't it a great site. We have gone from discussing cops to doughnuts, Starsky and Hutch, helmet laws etc. all in the same thread.:up:   

I respectfully disagree on "themselves" and agree on the "great site". :up:

Edited by Lunatic

18 hours ago, Lunatic said:

and if someone had not figured out money could be made you think we would have these laws i personaly do not like seat belts, helmets i think  are a good thing but that should be our own personal decision like you said not government...tickets are about $$ nothing more

19 hours ago, Lunatic said:

56 minutes ago, buckhound said:

and if someone had not figured out money could be made you think we would have these laws i personaly do not like seat belts, helmets i think  are a good thing but that should be our own personal decision like you said not government...tickets are about $$ nothing more

Those that are tasked withextracation and being first responders also deserve not having to see the consequences of not wearing a helmet..  I've done my share of extraction and even with seat belt on there have been some horror stories and sights..  what I'm saying is double edged you want the right not to wear a helmet but think of those that are tasked with the aftermath

1 hour ago, vdep217 said:

Those that are tasked withextracation and being first responders also deserve not having to see the consequences of not wearing a helmet..  I've done my share of extraction and even with seat belt on there have been some horror stories and sights..  what I'm saying is double edged you want the right not to wear a helmet but think of those that are tasked with the aftermath

So why stop at seat belts and helmets? There are so many things we do, we shouldn't  be doing, with horrific consequences to many people around us. Should we go after people who don't eat healthy, for example. Do you know what obesity does to people and every one around them, never mind the cost to society? Lest pass the law that tickets overweight people. We could use the highway weigh stations already in existence:happywave: