IGNORED

Police Thread...Civil

MGHunter66

33 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

Good post Lou, I only started this thread to lighten the mood and hopefully get more positive responses after that other thread went off the rails by a few and eventually had to be locked. This thread was not to get into unions, good cop bad cop, wether you should wear a friggin helmet or not, etc. I can tell you I know a lot of cops... good ones. I can tell you that back in 1992 one of my good friends Al Goncalves who I met through his partner and frien Danny was shot at point blank range by a scum bag named Enrique Coropuna Huaman when Al responded to a silent alarm at a jewelry store. Al lived due to his bullet proof vest, luckily because you know things could have gone bad because the perps intentions were to kill. Enrique didn’t have to shoot Al, but he did and everyone that bashes cops should realize that just wearing that uniform can put you in a bad situation because you are a target to criminals. Enrique was caught in Peru in 2003, when he was being processed he proclaimed his innocence. Al walked into the room and Enrique turned white as a ghost realizing the man he left for dead was looking him in the eye. He immediately admitted what he had done or should I say tried to do. Later convicted and jailed. 

Just last week another one of my friends Paul a police officer (i dont think i should say where)was unloaded on in a hallway by a perp during a domestic call. Paul has no idea how 10 shots missed him from only a couple yards away, but they did and he is ok. Someone was watching over him. He is a father of two kids. What did Paul do for this to happen? Just responding to a call and wearing a uniform. As I said in my first post starting this thread... Love you fellas :) 

Awesome, we know that Mark. Thank you. And God Bless your friend Paul. It was NOT his time.......:up:

47 minutes ago, Hunter115522 said:

God bless all those who have the courage to wear the uniform everyday. And the thousands who have given their lives to protect the people of our country. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-08 at 8.41.55 PM.png

Amen....True story. In 2015 I rode in the Police Unity Tour to Washington D.C. in honor of Alaska State Trooper Scott Johnson who was killed in the line of duty. That year, my wife and children met me at the Police Memorial as we rode in on our bicycles into the wall of heroes. Once settled in, I took my son (who was 10 years old) over to the wall where Trooper Johnson's name was etched onto it.... Now keep in mind, I made contact with various members of the brass of ASP to see if the trooper's family would be at the memorial to give my etched bracelet that we wear in honor of the officer who we honor by riding to D.C. The bracelet has the officer's name, department, and E.O.W. date on it.....The Chief said numerous times that the wife was too upset and could not bear to go to the memorial. 

While I had my son etch Trooper Johnson's name onto a piece of paper with a pencil, I saw a young lady staring at us among the hundreds of people that were lined up in every direction. After we were finished with the etching, she walked up to me and asked if my name was Lou? I said it was, and asked if she knew Trooper Johnson. Immediately she hugged me and began to cry and said that Trooper Johnson was her husband!!  She decided at the last minute to come to the memorial, and said "you rode all the way here for Scott" and thanked me and my son repeatedly. I took the bracelet that I wore for her husband and presented it to her with one of my department patches. I thanked her and told her that it was my honor to ride for her husband Scott. 

To tell you it was one of the emotional experiences in my life in an understatement. I will say it was one of the most rewarding and humbling experiences in my life and is something that many of us will never forget.....

Attached below are 2 pics I just found of that day. To make a difference in the life of that trooper's wife for that one moment in time is what every mile ridden to D.C. with the Police Unity Tour is and was truly all about. 

God Speed to all working, retired, and no longer with us....

thumbnail_Resized_20190408_210141_1965.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20150512_143552_7207.jpg

Edited by LPJR

2 minutes ago, LPJR said:

Amen....True story. In 2015 I rode in the Police Unity Tour to Washington D.C. in honor of Alaska State Trooper Scott Johnson who was killed in the line of duty. That year, my wife and children met me at the Police Memorial as we rode in on our bicycles into the wall of heroes. Once settled in, I took my son (who was 10 years old) over to the wall where Trooper Johnson's name was etched onto it.... Now keep in mind, I made contact with various members of the brass of ASP to see if the trooper's family would be at the memorial to give my etched bracelet that we wear in honor of the officer who we honor by riding to D.C. The bracelet has the officer's name, department, and E.O.W. date on it.....The Chief said numerous times that the wife was too upset and could not bear to go to the memorial. 

While I had my son etch Trooper Johnson's name onto a piece of paper with a pencil, I saw a young lady staring at us among the hundreds of people that were lined up in every direction. After we were finished with the etching, she walked up to me and asked if my name was Lou? I said it was, and asked if she knew Trooper Johnson. Immediately she hugged me and began to cry and said that Trooper Johnson was her husband!!  She decided at the last minute to come to the memorial, and said "you rode all the way here for Scott" and thanked me and my son repeatedly. 

To tell you it was one of the emotional experiences in my life in an understatement. I will say it was one of the most rewarding and humbling experiences in my life and is something that many of us will never forget.....

Attached below are 2 pics I just found of that day. To make a difference in the life of that trooper's wife for that one moment in time is what every mile ridden to D.C. with the Police Unity Tour is and was truly all about. 

God Speed to all working, retired, and no longer with us....

thumbnail_Resized_20190408_210141_1965.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20150512_143552_7207.jpg

What an AMAZING story Lou... I can't even imagine the emotions running through you at that moment. God bless all of those who made the ultimate sacrifice. 

12 hours ago, Live to Hunt said:

Yup not for everyone. 

exactly Todd.  When you are first on scene to a guy that blew his own brains out - the first thing that enters your mind is not "damn we need to get rid of all guns"  - right?

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

1 hour ago, JHbowhunter said:

exactly Todd.  When you are first on scene to a guy that blew his own brains out - the first thing that enters your mind is not "damn we need to get rid of all guns"  - right?

That is corr:up:ect 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

Second time in 2 months I was at the convenience store and found kids sitting in a car while running and the parents in the store. 

First time was three kids, I detained the mother of the year till the local PD arrived,  she had warrants and was arrested, also charged with child endangerment 

Today, the guy told me to mind my own business and few choice words towards me and my profession, a off duty state trooper just pulled up not knowing what was going on, he and I detained the guy till local PD showed up.....he got ass chewing from us three he had a clean record. 

I don't care what people think,  I see kids alone in a car I will not stand down....God forbid some freak kidnapped them, or heat exhaustion or anything else.....I did my job as a father, citizen and officer

Edited by BHC

28 minutes ago, BHC said:

Second time in 2 months I was at the convenience store and found kids sitting in a car while running and the parents in the store. 

First time was three kids, I detained the mother of the year till the local PD arrived,  she had warrants and was arrested, also charged with child endangerment 

Today, the guy told me to mind my own business and few choice words towards me and my profession, a off duty state trooper just pulled up not knowing what was going on, he and I detained the guy till local PD showed up.....he got ass chewing from us three he had a clean record. 

I don't care what people think,  I see kids alone in a car I will not stand down....God forbid some freak kidnapped them, or heat exhaustion or anything else.....I did my job as a father, citizen and officer

I see that all the time, 5hit my parents used to leave me in a running car. How old were the kids?