IGNORED

Police Thread...Civil

MGHunter66

3 hours ago, Nomad said:

There are so many great cops out there. 

Guys that will pull you or your family out of a burning building at 3 am, or get covered with a strangers blood attempting to save a life, while performing CPR.   Guys that are in excellent physical condition, great marksman, eager to take on a bank robber, gang member or other criminals.  Guys that perform their duties with professionalism and excellence, and strive to be fair and just with their enforcement activities, always thinking about the future consequences of their actions and how they can help the individual or society as a whole.  

Sadly,  there are also cops that do only part of the above or none of the above, and give the majority of the guys who do the right things, a bad name.

You can see the difference from department to department, some are loaded with problems others have a majority of great guys. 

All comes down to the selection and training of people with high integrity, that are eager to serve others.  

I agree with all you said. The one thing I would add the difference between those police departments is the leadership. That is what makes or breaks that department.  

Just now, deadonshot2 said:

I agree with all you said. The one thing I would add the difference between those police departments is the leadership. That is what makes or breaks that department.  

Hey, we agree on something!  The fish always rots from the head first.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

I agree. Problem is most leadership positions in law enforcement are political. I can’t speak for small departments but large departments including State Police are just pawns of AG and or mayors. In my opinion the selection process is critical and “diversity” has hurt the integrity of the process. IMO best candidates should get the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, CatchinDeers243 said:

Easier said than done.... you also have to rely on those same people to back you up. Each situation is different and could be Monday morning quarterbacked 

“I would have called my co-workers out on their BS”

Do your co-workers carry guns and are they sometimes the only ones between you going home to your family or not?

Easy to judge a profession when you’re not walking in their shoes

I understand what you are saying but I believe you are missing the point.  The small percentage of bad cops aren't "protecting and serving" anything but their own selfish interests, and in many cases they are criminals themselves.  If the good cops aren't willing to step up and fight all crime (including that of their "brothers")  then they really aren't good cops

Man I'm really getting a kick out of some of you guys. Some of you are making it seem like every department is just full of cops planting evidence, stealing, etc.. With all the other cops turning a blind eye..Yes, there are absolutely bad apples in Law Enforcement, but no where close to the rate of other professions. Some of you watch way too much TV. 

2 hours ago, CatchinDeers243 said:

Easier said than done.... you also have to rely on those same people to back you up. Each situation is different and could be Monday morning quarterbacked 

“I would have called my co-workers out on their BS”

Do your co-workers carry guns and are they sometimes the only ones between you going home to your family or not?

Easy to judge a profession when you’re not walking in their shoes

May I ask “to what end” do you excuse this type of behavior. Seriously, where do you personally draw the line. 

AWM

4 minutes ago, Kype said:

Matt should rename this site to NJ politics. Geez every other post is about something other then hunting and fishing. 

Nothing stopping you from starting a new exciting thread sonny :P This isn’t a political thread, it was to lighten the mood on an earlier thread that went off its wheels fast. Didn’t you like my kitty and the kisses LOL

AWM

3 minutes ago, Hunter115522 said:

Man I'm really getting a kick out of some of you guys. Some of you are making it seem like every department is just full of cops planting evidence, stealing, etc.. With all the other cops turning a blind eye..Yes, there are absolutely bad apples in Law Enforcement, but no where close to the rate of other professions. Some of you watch way too much TV. 

Are you telling me Starsky and Hutch isn’t real? 

AWM