IGNORED

What’s the reason for more muzzle loader days vs shotgun

mike033089

57 minutes ago, mike033089 said:

Curious to the “science” behind it.  

Don't assume there is any science behind some of this.

I once asked DFW why muzzleloader season is a separate season from shotgun season ("Why not just have a single firearms season so we don't have to pay extra $$ to buy separate permits and buck tags for both?"). I was told muzzy is a separate season because the first dates of muzzy season occur prior to shotgun season dates in order to give the traditional shooters a "first chance" at deer before the shotgun people get into the woods. There was no science-related reasons given for that decision.

And before anyone says anything - I think that answer is bogus too! They want to simplify the regulations, but yet want to keep muzzy and SG seasons separate rather than combine into a simpler "firearm" season? Perhaps, maybe, it could possibly be because by splitting them out like they do they can get $112 from dual-muzzy-and-shotgun hunters as opposed to $56 if the seasons are combined? Just thinking off the top of my head.... ;) 

Once in lines and scopes rolled in, the primitive aspect was gone. No reason to have early muzzleloader days. The first deer gun season should be 6 day. And in certain zones (not all) many of the days are during the week only. Look at zone 2 shotgun and muzzleloader. If you want to be able to hunt the weekends, you have to purchase both. No rhyme or reason. 

5 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

Don't assume there is any science behind some of this.

I once asked DFW why muzzleloader season is a separate season from shotgun season ("Why not just have a single firearms season so we don't have to pay extra $$ to buy separate permits and buck tags for both?"). I was told muzzy is a separate season because the first dates of muzzy season occur prior to shotgun season dates in order to give the traditional shooters a "first chance" at deer before the shotgun people get into the woods. There was no science-related reasons given for that decision.

It is the science of money only. NJ just bleeds the states residents dry in every way they can weather it be hunting and fishing or taxes however they can get into our pockets!

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

Muzzleloader used to be something special. Sidelock muzzleloaders with iron sights were much different than todays scoped inlines. The separate season came from a time when the guns were much different. Now there isn’t much difference between an inline or slug gun, other than shot capacity. 

I'm your Huckleberry :devious:

6 minutes ago, NotJust22s said:

Make muzzleloader primitive again. No inlines, no scopes, no sabots, no Blackhorn 209.

Once something becomes law it almost never gets reversed. That being said it would be an easy change to make the early muzzleloader days as primitive only. 

Elite Pure, CBE Tek Hybrid, 10" B-Stinger stabilizer, Limbdriver rest , Alpine Soft Loc 5 Quiver, Muzzy 100 4 bld, Slick Trick Viper Trick Red Head Gator broadheads, Beman ICS Hunter 400 28" ,Scott Quick Shot release, Vortex 8.5X50 Vultures  :cheers: