IGNORED

Bill for NJ Sunday Deer Firearm Hunting

DJ0808

44 minutes ago, tcook8296 said:

and just another day of drives. 

that's the FIRST thing I thought of. ugh.

29 minutes ago, DJ0808 said:

Would also like to see small game and bird hunting on Sundays.

That's what I would prefer, instead of deer hunting on Sundays.

Then again, I'm almost to the point of enjoying the "no hunting on Sundays" because it forces me to "take a day off" and rest. But I'm one of those that can get out and hunt on weekday mornings. I understand the guys that can't hunt during the week would like Sundays open.

53 minutes ago, Shakyjake said:

Give the deer a break. 

We really need to address people?  Lol 

Just had someone assigned to my class with a parole date of 2075 lol.

Priorities lol

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

1 hour ago, DJ0808 said:

Not sure how many are aware of this, but Assemblymen Dancer and Wirths introduced a bill (A2591) on Feb 14th to allow deer hunting with firearms on Sundays.

This bill would authorize Sunday hunting for deer with a firearm on State wildlife management areas and private property, as well as federal military and William J. Hughes Technical Center in Galloway Township, Atlantic County with appropriate approvals from those installations.

This would be nice for those that can only hunt on the weekends due to work or family obligatobligations.

I'm going to contact my senator (Durr) and assemblywomen (Sawyer and McCarthy Patrick) to try and get them bethem it.

I think it is about time, there are a lot of guys (I am not one) who cannot hunt during the week due to work.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

1 minute ago, Sako76 said:

Expand hunting opportunities and put a limit on the number of deer you can kill.

I never hear anyone saying shorten bow season.

Bow season should also end mid January .

very few things guys bow hunt except deer  , lots of other game to gun hunt  .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I would support the bill but with the caveat that we reduce the season on the backend.  For me, December 31 always seemed a natural time to end deer season. It still gives us  nearly 4 months of daily hunting (archery on private or WMA).  That’s plenty of time to climb in a stand or two. 

As for the “give the deer a break” comments, that just makes zero sense to a biologist. Are they getting a break from coyotes? Car bumpers?  Bobcat?  Bear?  Fox??  Deer are hunted 24/7/365. That’s a biological fact. 

Edited by Bucksnbows
nearly not early

There is plenty of time, deer, and uncrowded woods already available. If someone wants to hunt, they can make it happen within the already liberal deer seasons. So, No Sunday hunting. We already have a bad RAP in this state. Why add fuel to the fire! Deer are already stressed in January from the snow and cold.

Edited by trapoholic