IGNORED

Bill for NJ Sunday Deer Firearm Hunting

DJ0808

9 minutes ago, bucky said:

Why end the season earlier, cut September out and start bow season later like October when it traditionally started. Bow season only  from October 1st to November 15th,two week break, gun season from December 1st to January 15th to include Sundays. That seems pretty fair:up: Also one buck bow and one buck gun, 4 doe bag limit for the year what ever weapon you choose

Good old days.Used to be that way. Then fish and wildlife got greedy.. want to play you got to pay.. How many permits you want?$28.00

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

4 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

Good old days.Used to be that way. Then fish and wildlife got greedy.. want to play you got to pay.. How many permits you want?$28.00

They needed to add all the extra gun days because guys stopped learning to hunt .

now it takes them 4 months what used to happen in 6 days 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Just now, hammer4reel said:

They needed to add all the extra gun days because guys stopped learning to hunt .

Yes sir correct on the second part. First part licenses sales dropped due to the passing of many world war II and Korean vets.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Sorry bro, I'm sure most guys arent out there shooting every deer that comes by. I could end all my seasons within a week if not days but I like the longer season because it gives me more time in the woods to be selective

Edited by bucky

Just now, bucky said:

Sorry bro, I'm sure most guys arent out there shooting every deer that comes by. I like the longer season because it gives me more time in the woods.

1 minute ago, bucky said:

Sorry bro, I'm sure most guys arent out there shooting every deer that comes by. I like the longer season because it gives me more time in the woods.

well seeing you shot the first dink that walked by , guess you were in a hurry to get out if the woods that day :eek:

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

3 minutes ago, bucky said:

Plenty of other stuff to hunt to spend great time in the woods .

all these extended seasons have ruined the quality of most hunts . Deer are on high alert even in sanctuary areas due to the almost 6 months of constant pressure .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

Just now, hammer4reel said:

Plenty of other stuff to hunt to spend great time in the woods .

all these extended seasons have ruined the quality of most hunts . Deer are on high alert even in sanctuary areas due to the almost 6 months of constant pressure .

Agreed thats why I broke it down to 3 months:up:

Edited by bucky

4 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Deer are on high alert even in sanctuary areas due to the almost 6 months of constant pressure .

Auto insurance companies approve this message!

4 minutes ago, njdoxie said:

Some (not me) may only get to hunt a few times during that 6 weeks.

I understand the want for more huntable days , with any weapon type .

but compare all the other states around us , the gun seasons are 2/3 weeks total .

it lets the woods settle down for all the other seasons .

‘Then most other states have a muzzle loader season to allow more gun hunting .

in NJ seems every weapon wants an all or nothing free for all .

IMO it ruins the quality of the hunts for all the seasons .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

I like the zone I hunt. Guns including muzxy are done 12/31. Bow hunting ends 1/31. Seasons are perfect imo in my zone. I rarely see another hunter during winter bow so not much stress put on here after guns get done 12/31. But across the street they are banging away at deer until mid February. And I mean literally across the street. So in order to fit Sundays into the mix in the zone I hunt they would have to extend seasons like making 6 day a seven day season. Or permit a Friday thru sun versus the Wed thru Friday as it is now. Or nake it 5 days. My vote is to leave alone