IGNORED

Need opinions on a new deer rifle

Bone collector 85

Old school Remington Model 700. I'm biased towards the .308

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

How much do you want to spend?

I went through the same thinking process initially looking for a Rem 700 Custom build in a caliber including .308 (this thread:  

)

However, after a lot of research I decided to get a Weatherby Mark V custom build in .270 Weatherby Mag.  It's probably the best rifle I own.  Outperforms the Rem 700 in .30-06 that I have.  Shoots sub-MOA with a lot of shots keyholing at 100 yards.  The Weatherby .270 Mag shoots flat and drops only 2"-3" at 200 yards.

The custom rifle build is second to none.  Incredible attention to detail, and I picked through a range of colors for nearly each individual part.  It wasn't cheap, and that's why I asked what your price range is.  Also consider what kind of glass you're going to put on top of it.  Getting a great rifle and then cutting corners on the glass might not be what you want to do.

Good luck with your search, there are a lot of very good rifles out there looking for a new home!

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

43 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

How much do you want to spend?

I went through the same thinking process initially looking for a Rem 700 Custom build in a caliber including .308 (this thread:  

)

However, after a lot of research I decided to get a Weatherby Mark V custom build in .270 Weatherby Mag.  It's probably the best rifle I own.  Outperforms the Rem 700 in .30-06 that I have.  Shoots sub-MOA with a lot of shots keyholing at 100 yards.  The Weatherby .270 Mag shoots flat and drops only 2"-3" at 200 yards.

The custom rifle build is second to none.  Incredible attention to detail, and I picked through a range of colors for nearly each individual part.  It wasn't cheap, and that's why I asked what your price range is.  Also consider what kind of glass you're going to put on top of it.  Getting a great rifle and then cutting corners on the glass might not be what you want to do.

Good luck with your search, there are a lot of very good rifles out there looking for a new home!

A Remington 700 in .270 is a darn good shooter as well

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."