IGNORED

What's Up With All The Vehicle Recalls

BHC

33 minutes ago, BHC said:

Seems in the last few years there are more & more recalls, the latest is GM along with GMC on 850,000 pick ups. Some recalls are minor,  some serious. I tell ya, it sucks as a customer be it you own a vehicle from any manufacturer or you're a potential customer seeking a new vehicle 

Just be glad your not one of the unfortunate ones who had the issue actually cause a bad crash , or possibly a death.

as these issues are being found when someone gets hurt .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Everything is made like crap now. Not only does my wife’s Acadia has the “shift to park” issue that I refuse to fix for $900 as the fix is the same part not redesigned that you just hope works. Now it says “steering assist reduced” because the engine thermometer doesn’t register and thinks it’s super cold out and fluid is thick.  Of course the sensor and thermostat is buried beneath the fuel rails and other things.  $1400 at dealer.  Which I won’t use and will use a local guy if it persist. Unhooking battery clears it but will see how long.  They no longer designed vehicles in mind of how to fix them.  I had a beater Malibu that was 2 bolts to change the thermostat in 20 mins.  Ugh lol. Her next suvs will be Honda/toyota. I wish the Tacoma was bigger and I hate the look of tundras.  Oh well

Edited by mike033089

All vehicles manufactured today are designed to multitask in order to sell to a broader base,  meanwhile they don’t do any one thing well . All final R&D is done at  customer’s expense with frustration and money. 50% of the items in cars today are totally unnecessary & just eye candy . 

Nothing at all new here. I’m struggling to remember a single car I owned or the company I worked for owned or leased for me that didn’t have at least one recall and I’m going back to the early 1980s. That includes Ford, Toyota, Pontiac, and others. Most recalls are nothing serious, but all had something needing inspection or replacement. 

A lot more electronics, emissions control, and outsourced equipment put together to make one vehicle or assembly. I think back to the days of steel dashboards, incandescent lamps, and zero electronics. Virtually bulletproof.

Edited by electric10162

2 hours ago, mike033089 said:

Everything is made like crap now. Not only does my wife’s Acadia has the “shift to park” issue that I refuse to fix for $900 as the fix is the same part not redesigned that you just hope works. Now it says “steering assist reduced” because the engine thermometer doesn’t register and thinks it’s super cold out and fluid is thick.  Of course the sensor and thermostat is buried beneath the fuel rails and other things.  $1400 at dealer.  Which I won’t use and will use a local guy if it persist. Unhooking battery clears it but will see how long.  They no longer designed vehicles in mind of how to fix them.  I had a beater Malibu that was 2 bolts to change the thermostat in 20 mins.  Ugh lol. Her next suvs will be Honda/toyota. I wish the Tacoma was bigger and I hate the look of tundras.  Oh well

New Tundras are puke looking. Definitely missed the mark w the much anticipated redesign. 

My long bed is a 2016 and is sweet as sugar!!  Join the Yota Mafia…all 5 families will open the books!!

wife’s Honda CRV then Pilot have run with just turn the key confidence for many 100k miles. 

IMG_0373.jpeg

IMG_0375.jpeg

Edited by Bonefreak

30 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

New Tundras are puke looking. Definitely missed the mark w the much anticipated redesign. 

My long bed is a 2016 and is sweet as sugar!!  Join the Yota Mafia…all 5 families will open the books!!

wife’s Honda CRV then Pilot have run with just turn the key confidence for many 100k miles. 

IMG_0373.jpeg

IMG_0375.jpeg

I know you’re a huge Toyota fan and so is my family, but don’t forget one of the most insane recalls was for Toyotas whose frames were rotting and required replacement. That’s huge dollars and maybe the worst recall i remember in my lifetime.  As I mentioned earlier, most all cars will see at least one recall. 

38 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

I know you’re a huge Toyota fan and so is my family, but don’t forget one of the most insane recalls was for Toyotas whose frames were rotting and required replacement. That’s huge dollars and maybe the worst recall i remember in my lifetime.  As I mentioned earlier, most all cars will see at least one recall. 

Yepper!!  No doubt pal!!  I remember that recall very well!!  My ‘01 got a new frame in 2018….wish they would’ve given me the $10k towards a newer Tundra. 

.... I wish the Tacoma was bigger and I hate the look of tundras.  Oh well ...

Sure seems to me that if one of the Japanese companies made a true full-size pickup to compete with Ford/GM/Dodge .... they'd sell a gazillion of them.