IGNORED

Reasoning for EAB?

$$$$$$$

and include the Unlimited Antlerless crap and 6 months of hunting.....there was a time it was needed, that time was over years ago

Greed is what makes this crap continue

Greed by the state $$$$

Greed by hunters, there is no reason for one hunter to kill 6 plus deer.....

Pathetic excuses:

we only eat deer

My friend wants venison

My cousins, buddy wants venison

It's for deer camp

Be happy to have the ability to hunt and enjoy the outdoors, and icing on the cake is getting a deer or two

Edited by BHC

13 minutes ago, BHC said:

$$$$$$$

and include the Unlimited Antlerless crap and 6 months of hunting.....there was a time it was needed, that time was over years ago

Greed by the state $$$$

Pathetic excuses:

we only eat deer

My friend wants venison

It's for deer camp

Be happy to have the ability to hunt and enjoy the outdoors, and icing on the cake is getting a deer or two

You forgot the best one, usually said by the guy who tries to justify taking a dozen deer every year. "I donate it to HHH"........no, you're just a bloodthirsty maniac who needs to kill things.

Plenty of reasons in my opinion

- gives bow hunters an extended window to punch a tag / harvest meat. 

-  if no early bow you would have only permit bow and winter bow where it is bow only. 

-if no early bow you would be missing good pre rut window

- no need to participate in it if you have a problem with it but as a sportsmen its nice to have a longer season to hunt and partake in a pastime that is a way of life for me.

I think a better question is why would you not want early bow? Best time to be in the woods in my opinion. 

Wow, a bit surprised to see the anger over this. 
I can see where this is gonna go but I’ll give you my perspective wether you guys want it or not.😁

Yes, it’s about population control, but the reason why it continues year after year is because there are likely ten times (just a guesstimate) or more, hunters in NJ who will not shoot a doe. For every guy you hear say the things the previous posters mention about justifying killing multiple deer, there are many times that number of hunters on here who say they never, or very rarely shoot a doe. And it’s the polar opposite excuses you hear from the guys that justify shooting a doe once in a while. “Hey she was an old dry doe” (which is almost impossible to find BTW), “ she had no fawns, coyotes got them, so I killed her,” etc., etc., and these are guys that will show you pics of 20-30-40 does on their property. 

My point is, the average hunter will not take enough female deer to make any real impact on deer numbers in overpopulated areas, hence the continuation of EAB. 
yeah there may be a financial incentive as well, but I have no evidence of that, but there is plenty of evidence of hunters not doing their part to manage the deer population, which BTW is always one of the first things we say when we’re challenged on why hunting should continue in NJ right? So, if everyone did their part and shared the actual management of our deer population, we wouldn’t have large densities in areas and need EAB. 

40 minutes ago, BHC said:

$$$$$$$

Greed by the state $$$$

Pathetic excuses:

we only eat deer

My friend wants venison

It's for deer camp

Really not sure what most of this comment has to do specifically with early bow.

Unlimited doe is allowed during 6 day, muzzleloader, and permit shotgun also right?

59 minutes ago, BHC said:

$$$$$$$

Greed by the state $$$$

Please enlighten us as to how the state benefits financially from Early Fall Bow when there is no permit required? 

The state is greedy, you think the state is doing this to make hunters happy? EAB good chance you will be our a few times on average spend money on gas = gas tax, spend money on food=tax, small amount of $$$ I agree but the state wants more and more, and hunters aren't happy with there EAB and buck, they will go out more for more antlerless deer.....Don't come off as if the Game Council are experts, they are mere puppets of the system, they will do what they are told to do behind closed doors....same with NJ Fish and Game.....If those in Government tells them to jump, they will ask HOW HIGH SIR?