IGNORED

Best Archery Shop In North Jersey?

Stay away from the pricks at Targeteers. They've got the absolutely worst customer service I have ever seen. I went there once because I was looking to buy a new Bowtech bow. When I asked them to change the draw length from 30" to 28", they refused. And then they had the balls to ask me if I liked the way a bow that was 2" too long shot. Are you freaking kidding me?

I left that shop, went to Sportsmen's Center (Vinny was the manager at the time), and he completely hooked me up. They got my business.

Stay away from the d-bags at Targeteers!!!

David

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, yoda4x4 said:

Stay away from the pricks at Targeteers. They've got the absolutely worst customer service I have ever seen. I went there once because I was looking to buy a new Bowtech bow. When I asked them to change the draw length from 30" to 28", they refused. And then they had the balls to ask me if I liked the way a bow that was 2" too long shot. Are you freaking kidding me?

I left that shop, went to Sportsmen's Center (Vinny was the manager at the time), and he completely hooked me up. They got my business.

Stay away from the d-bags at Targeteers!!!

David

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I was OK when you shot my bow

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

5 hours ago, jerseyboy32 said:

Strickley archery .Washington nj. Hands down the best. Targeteerscan wipe my .. they are over priced. Over egoed.  I'm cover in tattoos n they ignored me. Screw them for 25 yrs they stink 

Strictly could be good but they like to talk more thAn work. Part of the problem is people who go there and behave like it’s some kind of social club. They sit there for hrs BSing while customers wait to be taken care of. 

39 years dealing with Targeteers, and never had a issue there is a reason why I would drive 70 minutes one way to their shop. Yes there was time I had to wait my turn, it's all timing of the year. I've seen guys in there waiting and then bitching, well they are busy with other customers, how would you like it if they left you for another customer? Every bow I purchased from them I went during Non Peak months, was taken care of ASAP without issues, all bows set up to perfection, and shooting darts. The staff is all very good, Robert the owner is very well known in the archery world and most want his service, well then be patient and make time to go during non peak months. Every bow I purchased or if I needed work done I went there when they first open and anywhere from January thru June, and always requested Robert.

I live near two shops

Strictly Archery, nice shop, very nice owners and very knowledgeable they are more expensive then most from what I have seen, they don't carry Mathews and that is my bow of choice. I needed replacement blades for my my broadheads last year, I called and he said they are on order and will be in the shop in a few days, well he called me 3 days later that they came in, that went along way with me

Owl's Nest, Nice owner, seems he's always working on bows so they must have a good following.....I normally go there for my licenses/tags, went there once cause I needed to replace one insert he put it in and when asked what do I owe you, he said have a good day. My friend went there for a bow for his son, and he was very happy with his service 

So no matter of the shops suggested there is good/bad in all......

I think the key is: Know what you want before heading into a shop....from the bow and all accessories arrows included, go during non peak hours and non peak months, ask others who they think is the best bow tech in the shop you will be going too.....

with that you shouldn't have any issues

Strickley archery .Washington nj. I agree! if you take the time they will too. I paid for some private time the day i was picking up my bow. 

I have never had a bow shoot darts like that before or after that bow. They took the time to watch me shoot and tweak the bow. I was so impressed. 

I do not like paying someone to give me attitude so i parted ways with Targeteers. Rob is a nice guy but his staff needs some manors lessons. 

I used the guy in Lakewood last bow because he is very close. He is a nice guy but the bow from Strickly archery was tuned to perfection. 

IMO 

Anyone thinking there bow is perfect leaving a bow shop do the work doesn't really understand fine tuning .

Setting up a bow isn't rocket science . Today there are thousands of great videos to  understand  how to do it yourself .

Initial set up and timing can be done at a shop.

All final work should be done by the person shooting the bow .

Every one grips and heels a bow different .

Those changes alone can drastically effect arrow flight. 

Paper tuning is jyst a start. 

Final walk back tuning takes it to the next level.

.once you learn how east it is to do yourself you will never want someone else to do it 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Like Hammer said, a “tuned” bow from the shop is just a good start to a tuned bow.  I believe in bareshaft tuning and like my bareshaft flying straight and with my fletched arrows to at least 25 yards, nobody touches my bows!  That being said, when i shop local, i go to garden state bow and reel.  Dino carries good equipment and is well stocked.  If i need something he doesnt have, i order from lancaster archery.  Garden state bow and reel are a good bunch of guys and will set you up right.