IGNORED

Best Archery Shop In North Jersey?

Gotta say I have been To Strictly and no doubt Tom and Ray are top notch and good friends but since Danny(hammer) set up my latest bow 4 years ago I would never let anyone else touch it.....He took me through the whole process from start to finish and the finer parts about giving a bow what it wants not what you think it wants. Since this set up I am happy to say I am 100% with it and have every bit of confidence that if an animal gives me a shot its dead. I have had many good shooting bows but only one great one. Archery is definitely a mental game as well and having the utmost confidence in a perfectly tuned bow is the icing on the cake when the moment of truth arrives.

I just have an old compound I bought through the mail, and apparently I shoot shorter distances than other folks … I just take care of the bow myself. So, I'm not an experienced with this stuff.

But, when my oldest son came of age, and we had just moved to northwestern NJ, I wanted to give him a sport-shop experience. Saw recommendations for Targeteers on NJH. The guys there were indifferent to this new, young, enthusiastic shooter. One guy was eating lunch on the counter, the other guy was just BS'ing with someone. Pissed me off.

Also saw Simon Peter mentioned on NJH. Took the boy there the following day, again during lunch time. The place turned their attention to my kid, including the other customers there. Gave the kid a slice of their pizza and a Coke. Happy about a new bowhunter.. When they took him outside to get him going with the new bow, even the customers were cheering the kid on as he was shooting.

I don't understand why some businesses have crappy attitudes.

33 minutes ago, Jim_ said:

I just have an old compound I bought through the mail, and apparently I shoot shorter distances than other folks … I just take care of the bow myself. So, I'm not an experienced with this stuff.

But, when my oldest son came of age, and we had just moved to northwestern NJ, I wanted to give him a sport-shop experience. Saw recommendations for Targeteers on NJH. The guys there were indifferent to this new, young, enthusiastic shooter. One guy was eating lunch on the counter, the other guy was just BS'ing with someone. Pissed me off.

Also saw Simon Peter mentioned on NJH. Took the boy there the following day, again during lunch time. The place turned their attention to my kid, including the other customers there. Gave the kid a slice of their pizza and a Coke. Happy about a new bowhunter.. When they took him outside to get him going with the new bow, even the customers were cheering the kid on as he was shooting.

I don't understand why some businesses have crappy attitudes.

Yes, that's very weird but both bad and good habits usually come from the top.