IGNORED

What's Your Plans Now?

Buck154

50 minutes ago, LittleM said:

We always have big hiking plans for the springtime.  Usually for snakes, but last year we laid off the snakes and concentrated on photographing north Jersey's rarest plants.  It was a challenge to figure out where to start looking for various plants and then a challenge to hike/look for them.  I've been meaning to put what we found in a post.

740397164_Orchid3-BEST.thumb.jpg.e95f9edc8572cdb76834375dd16358f9.jpg

https://uswildflowers.com/wfquery.php?State=NJ

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

57 minutes ago, LittleM said:

We always have big hiking plans for the springtime.  Usually for snakes, but last year we laid off the snakes and concentrated on photographing north Jersey's rarest plants.  It was a challenge to figure out where to start looking for various plants and then a challenge to hike/look for them.  I've been meaning to put what we found in a post.

740397164_Orchid3-BEST.thumb.jpg.e95f9edc8572cdb76834375dd16358f9.jpg

https://uswildflowers.com/wfquery.php?State=NJ

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

24 minutes ago, Bad64chevelle said:

I’ll finish deer season , continue to predator hunt, then a month or so I’ll get to actually sleep . After that ill begin to get ready for my trip to Maine for turkey , fishing both saltwater but mostly freshwater , then it will be back to Maine for black bear , and home for bow season . 

That's cool to go to Maine for Turkey. 

Sleep...Whats sleep. I pray for wet rainy days on my day off to sleep but my body always wakes up early :banghead:

19 minutes ago, Buck154 said:

That's cool to go to Maine for Turkey. 

Sleep...Whats sleep. I pray for wet rainy days on my day off to sleep but my body always wakes up early :banghead:

It will actually be my first trip for them . With the numbers I saw up there last year during bear and then deer season, and the limit at two if not possibly 3 for next season , it’s worth the trip up for it ! 

Its Trapping Season

Then its Turkey Season

Then its Fishing Season

Then its Hunting Season

Then it starts all over again

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

My plan is to buy turkey permits to not get a turkey again this spring. Fishing. Canoeing. Metal detecting. 

My plan now though is to get my dog on as many birds as possible until April. Tomorrow is our first day out hunting together. I will probably do 2 hunts per month until April when hunts family is done for the season.

Edited by Kype

One of the property owners sent me a photo of three nice bucks standing in his front yard this afternoon. This changes my plans a little bit. I was going to the other property to do some doe management but, I'll concentrate this week on hunting the bucks.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

Right after season ends I want to get all of my prep work for next season pretty much out of the way. Any stands/blinds that need to be set/moved, lanes cleared, etc. Once things start to green up then minerals and feeders go out with cams. Then it’s back to work on the head boat I work on throughout the summer which is pretty much all day every day of the week. With the limited time off I get its some minimal deer season prep. Then deer season opens again and I leave work and the cycle starts again. 

Hunting is over for me. Will do some trout and bass fishing. 3D shoots, but mostly train for my solo elk hunt this Sept....headed back to same ranch as last year.

If any of you elk hunters are interested, .let me know. Ranch is 4k acres,  the elk are on it...there are 4 waterholes with blinds....

Edited by Trophy8