IGNORED

What's Your Plans Now?

Buck154

4 hours ago, MZ7Extreme said:

Right now, Hunt! Then finish a few rods that I started for a few friends. Go cod fishing till haddock opens do a few trips then back to tog in April, then start my tournaments all the while through all if this scout new land try to acquire some private land then its early fall bow... Rinse and repeat!

Bass tournaments? What circuit? 

Do some tax returns to pay for all this for the next few months. Then it's spring turkey, a trip to Texas in the summer to kill an Axis deer, fishing & crabbing. Before you know it October is here and the dog & I get to stretch our legs again. As mentioned, the cycle continues.....

Catch & release is for guys who don't know how to cook. :cook:

5 hours ago, MZ7Extreme said:

BASS Nation and TBF (Bass Federation) I am doing NJ this year but the last 3 seasons I did the CT circuit.

Used to love the tournament fishing but it has been years. Gets expensive with all the traveling but nice fish other big waters. 

i'll probably do a few more close to the road sits with the muzzleloader and then its gearing up for the upcoming shad season doing the contest website and shining some spoons. No need to make any. Have a steelhead trip ahead in April and was going to get a turkey permit and give that a shot in May depending on my ability to pursue them at that time.

flyshowa.jpg

IT's an annual cycle. This is the time of year I try to catch up on indoor house items. Then make some jerky, plan out the use of vension.

Maybe a little late season goose hunting or snow geese if the conditions are right.

March - Some fishing, probably small stripers

April - trout opener, turkey scout then hunt. Some more striper fishing/largemouth bass fishing.

May - Striper, maybe drum then fluke

Summer - Largemouth bass freshwater, fluke salt water. August check for new state lands or new to me.

September - Deer hunt focus again.

52 minutes ago, _X7 said:

i'll probably do a few more close to the road sits with the muzzleloader and then its gearing up for the upcoming shad season doing the contest website and shining some spoons. No need to make any. Have a steelhead trip ahead in April and was going to get a turkey permit and give that a shot in May depending on my ability to pursue them at that time.

flyshowa.jpg

I fished the tournament last year. Was fun

On 1/27/2019 at 5:42 AM, Buck154 said:

So now that deer season is coming to the end soon, What do you plan to do for this time of year and through to next season?

For me its one season to the next...

Deer Season, Ice Fishing if good ice is available, Shed season, Turkey season, Freshwater fishing, Salt water fishing and then back into Fall Bow season. And all in between I have to work, spend time with the wife and keep up with work on the house and yard. Never ending cycle that goes year round. 

I thought you trapped too?

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….