IGNORED

America's addiction, Coffee... What do you love/hate?

LPJR

Chock Full of Nuts at home.  ING Bank on 49th in the city used to brew the perfect cup of coffee.  Wawa's used to be very good a long time when they had it in carafes on heaters.  Once they went the thermos route it went downhill big time.  I only get it from them when they are the only place in the area and I need to refuel in the afternoon.

15 minutes ago, Gunsmoke said:

Chock Full of Nuts at home.  ING Bank on 49th in the city used to brew the perfect cup of coffee.  Wawa's used to be very good a long time when they had it in carafes on heaters.  Once they went the thermos route it went downhill big time.  I only get it from them when they are the only place in the area and I need to refuel in the afternoon.

We hear a lot of that  truth is the coffee hasn't changed AND neitherhas the filtration station..  what has changed is the focus the coffee gets..  I train my employees and ensure 2 associates in coffee  area in the morning once just brewing coffee the other taking care of the island..  the crafts we currently use keep coffee at a temp of 185 to 189 degrees for 2 hours..  2 hours is when we throw it out..  down side you cannot see how much coffee is left in pot..  but in my opinion is the only down fall witch is what I believe brings the hatred for it..  the coffee literally can't burn as there is no heat source..  and the most disgusting part of the original pots is eliminated which was people sticking the nose close to the top of the glass pot to smell the coffee...  also no foreign debris to contaminate...  so next time you feel you miss the glass pot think of the runny nose or sneezing patron that would be hovering over the pot you were about to pour

My son had a membership with a "coffee of the month" club.  He got coffees from all over the world.  After all that, he said that DD is still the best.

As for me, I discovered a house blend ground coffee sold by Bed, Bath and Beyond, under their name.  Best I've found.  And I ought to know -  I've been working 3rd shift since 1980!!!

Wow, No McCafe lovers? I drink a bunch of different ones, but McCafe Espresso Roast (Keurig) is in my cup now. Whatever it is, it has to be black and at least a medium to dark roast. Colombian  is about a light a roast as I can take. The Shoprite coffee pods aren't too bad either, and are usually cheaper than anything else. I can't drink Starbucks, it's awful, and Wawa is a coffee of last resort for me. 

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

3 minutes ago, DV1 said:

Wow, No McCafe lovers? I drink a bunch of different ones, but McCafe Espresso Roast (Keurig) is in my cup now. Whatever it is, it has to be black and at least a medium to dark roast. Colombian  is about a light a roast as I can take. The Shoprite coffee pods aren't too bad either, and are usually cheaper than anything else. I can't drink Starbucks, it's awful, and Wawa is a coffee of last resort for me. 

When I drank coffee, I really got into McDonald's coffee.. I thought it was way better than 711 or WaWa

I buy bags of DD and have the coffee pot set to turn on every morning at 5.  Usually wakes me up.  If I am out I will go for a DD Iced coffee but they have gotten too expensive. About 3 years ago for one of our New Years Resolutions we both gave up buying coffee every morning and take togo cups.  I cannot stomach Starbucks, has a drano effect on me then my eyes start twitching.  Not a good feeling.

12 hours ago, 3Blade said:

I think only cat owner types and guys who get their back waxed drink Starbucks

Starbucks does have it's niche fanbase, no argument there....I always thought of them as hipsters. I've had a couple cups during my lifetime, it's VERY dark-roast tasting, almost tastes burnt. Not sure why anyone would willingly pay $5 a cup for it.:down: I don't drink much coffee these days, it aggravates my vertigo, but if I'm on a long drive, I'll buy a couple of Rockstar energy drinks.

Catch & release is for guys who don't know how to cook. :cook: