IGNORED

Decent Mountain Bucks

Dominant buck

1 hour ago, Stealthy_Bowman said:

Good luck to you.
You’re  a better man than me. I would not be posting such pics, from public land, right before 6-day…

By Tuesday night those deer will be safe. The orange army's calves will be on fire from walking for a day and a half in those woods and be feet up at the bar rest of the week. 

54 minutes ago, jumpthestring said:

This is Jersey, there is no such thing as deep. 

I remember few years back I packed into the water gap area covered few miles found a nice spot felt like I was away from the world. 

I picked out what seemed like a great spot for an afternoon hunt cleared out under the tree and sat down.

Sitting there thinking to myself when and how long it's been since there has been anyone up there and hunted there, as I sat I moved after more leaves and uncovered a sandwich bag and a Pepsi can.

Yup no such thing as deep in Jersey but deer know how to make it through 

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

1 hour ago, Mallard1100 said:

He will be fine. I’m sure those bucks are in a far off place. Most hunters in this state won’t  walk further then 1/4 mile, won’t hunt without a bait pile, or bother going out unless their cell cam sent them a text that a deer was there…..lol

The two man ladder stand with shooting rail is way too heavy to carry up that hill.

9 hours ago, Roon said:

I remember few years back I packed into the water gap area covered few miles found a nice spot felt like I was away from the world. 

I picked out what seemed like a great spot for an afternoon hunt cleared out under the tree and sat down.

Sitting there thinking to myself when and how long it's been since there has been anyone up there and hunted there, as I sat I moved after more leaves and uncovered a sandwich bag and a Pepsi can.

People would be surprised that whole area is driven by clubs

10 hours ago, chenrossi said:

By Tuesday night those deer will be safe. The orange army's calves will be on fire from walking for a day and a half in those woods and be feet up at the bar rest of the week. 

They don't stop driving that ridge until the last minute of the last day of gun seasons.  One club leaves and another comes to drive the same area again.

10 hours ago, Roon said:

So true.  But this part of Northern NJ is as remote as I can get in NJ, lol.   I'm sure the bucks will disappear as usual for a week or two.

Best of luck to all, be safe