IGNORED

New W&W member from Mo/Mature buck down

LPJR

Hello y'all. My cousin moved to Missouri and has always been an avid hunter here in NJ. His Dad Joe used to give me rides on his dirt bike when I was a kid at the houses/property our family owned up on the mountain across from the Walpack Inn when hunting season was not here. 

Joey sent me a pic of a beautiful buck this summer on July 15th. As soon as he saw him on cam, he said he was going to try and target him this Fall if at all possible. 

image000000(1).png.9a03a7a3adea36c48b66d5cec85f3f6a.pngHe sent me the pic of a buck he was able to connect with yesterday and is on cloud 9. This is the text he sent me with the pics. 

"I got set up on the top of a ridge in between several boulders I used as a blind. He came in about 100 yards away, was in full rut and never stopping. I had to take my Winchester model 70 out of my pop up bipod to take the shot. He was about 60-70 yards away when i took the shot, and used nothing but my elbow on my knee to steady the gun for the shot". 

"My Dad bought the rifle back in '86. It is an odd ball caliber, a 257 Roberts but it is great for deer. I shot him on a section of Mark Twain National Forest." 

Pics below. So proud of this kid who passed up numerous bucks to get on one of the mature ones. 

Welcome to the site Joey- @Joseph Lombardi!

Well done Cuz! 

image000001(6).jpg

image000000(37).jpg

image000002(3).jpg

Edited by LPJR