IGNORED

To the thief who stole my locked up stand, ladder, and camera in Kinnelon.

NorthJerseyMike

The Thief  probably  won't see see Thread as a member or as a Guest. 

If he is Stealing-- guarantee he is Taking over the Limit as far as Deer,Turkeys,etc and staying off all Social Media.

Probably  the only way to catch this type of Thief is to get out at Dawn from Monday to Thrusday and catch them in the act.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

That stinks. I was out yesterday prepping some trees. Put some cams out a few days last week. Woods is hot and buggy, not my favorite time but it has to get done. Have to be pretty determined to go out and steal a stand now. 

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

• BowhunterNJ changed the title to To the thief who stole my locked up stand, ladder, and camera in Kinnelon.
On 7/25/2022 at 12:25 PM, NorthJerseyMike said:

May you get struck by lightning, fall out of the tree and have bad things happen to you.  

That sucks had it happen plenty of times and on private only.  I have a cam you can have if your local to the harmony or clinton area you can have it.  PM me if interested.

i have had many items stolen over the years. it always amazes me the guts they have to steal and not be worried about being caught. 

now i carry out whatever i carry in. but im a meat hunter. so im not much into the gear as the guy who is hunting a certain buck. 

i carry a climber, and my bow and set up shop for a few hours. 

i hope you catch the guy and get your stuff back. 

That sucks!  A few years back I hung a stand in July on public land.  I was 100 yards from the nearest trail.  I went back a week later to put on a few straps I had forgotten, and some jerk stole my ladder!  The stand was still there because I had a chain and lock on it.  Now I lock up everything.  Some people are just jerks.

I'm unsure why so many hunters that have stands, feeders or cameras stolen assume they were taken by a fellow hunter.  No hunter I have ever known stole from other hunters that I was ever aware of.  But I do know young kids that used to walk the fence between "their woods" and a land trust and take every trail cam they found just because they were kids.  I have seen some land trusts including NJ Audubon stack up stands left beyond whatever dates they tell you to remove your stand with very few hunters coming back to claim them.  And I have seen anti hunters damage or remove stands and cams as well simply because they hate hunting and have no idea what they are doing is illegal or they simply don't care it is.  Yes, I'm sure some of the stuff we have all had stolen was done by a fellow hunter, but I doubt it's as high a percentage as many feel it is.   

12 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

I'm unsure why so many hunters that have stands, feeders or cameras stolen assume they were taken by a fellow hunter.  No hunter I have ever known stole from other hunters that I was ever aware of.  But I do know young kids that used to walk the fence between "their woods" and a land trust and take every trail cam they found just because they were kids.  I have seen some land trusts including NJ Audubon stack up stands left beyond whatever dates they tell you to remove your stand with very few hunters coming back to claim them.  And I have seen anti hunters damage or remove stands and cams as well simply because they hate hunting and have no idea what they are doing is illegal or they simply don't care it is.  Yes, I'm sure some of the stuff we have all had stolen was done by a fellow hunter, but I doubt it's as high a percentage as many feel it is.   

Probably more so-called hunters than what you'd like to believe, I know when i was a kid trapping, it was always other trappers stealing traps

the one park i hunted i had the straps  of the sticks cut twice ( only bottom 2 ) 

i had the cam taken off the tree twice ,  i did have about 8 chips taken.   was hikers and non hunters using park.   and trails....LOL....im 130 and 180 yards off 2 trails in thorns.   you wouldn't believe the amt of ppl that walk the woods...

59 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

When we hunted the Gap off Old Mine Road years ago, we were convinced small game hunters were the culprits. Stuff always seemed to disappear soon after opening day pheasant especially since we bowhunted it for at least a month before hand.

Edited by electric10162