IGNORED

To the thief who stole my locked up stand, ladder, and camera in Kinnelon.

NorthJerseyMike

57 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

I'm unsure why so many hunters that have stands, feeders or cameras stolen assume they were taken by a fellow hunter.  No hunter I have ever known stole from other hunters that I was ever aware of.  But I do know young kids that used to walk the fence between "their woods" and a land trust and take every trail cam they found just because they were kids.  I have seen some land trusts including NJ Audubon stack up stands left beyond whatever dates they tell you to remove your stand with very few hunters coming back to claim them.  And I have seen anti hunters damage or remove stands and cams as well simply because they hate hunting and have no idea what they are doing is illegal or they simply don't care it is.  Yes, I'm sure some of the stuff we have all had stolen was done by a fellow hunter, but I doubt it's as high a percentage as many feel it is.   

I believe the exact opposite that it is a high percentage of fellow hunters. There was a guy who got permission to hunt the private piece I was on because he went to school with ladies kids about 15 years earlier. He swiped two of my cameras. But got my piece back to myself as a result. 

I also had a ladder stand go missing over the summer few years back. Found it behind a guys house on the wma  accross the road.  So in those two instances it was another hunter.

31 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

I believe the exact opposite that it is a high percentage of fellow hunters. There was a guy who got permission to hunt the private piece I was on because he went to school with ladies kids about 15 years earlier. He swiped two of my cameras. But got my piece back to myself as a result. 

I also had a ladder stand go missing over the summer few years back. Found it behind a guys house on the wma  accross the road.  So in those two instances it was another hunter.

+1

I don't believe you will find any anti-hunter Karens out in the woods this time of year with all the ticks, bugs, and heat looking to steal stands and cameras from hunters. Other hunters on the other hand...

I also agree with that other poster -- a week or two before 6-day? Better get your stuff out of WMAs pronto!

57 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

+1

I don't believe you will find any anti-hunter Karens out in the woods this time of year with all the ticks, bugs, and heat looking to steal stands and cameras from hunters. Other hunters on the other hand...

I also agree with that other poster -- a week or two before 6-day? Better get your stuff out of WMAs pronto!

I never had anything go missing during 6 day. I leave about 8-10 cameras up during 6 day and never had an issue. I did have a stand walk away about a week before 6 day. I also know someone else who had his walk away between noon on saturday before 6 day and opening morning in same piece of woods. Too much of a coincidence in relation to 6 day to not think it was another hunter. 

i use to have a lot gear stolen. now i carry out everything i carry in. i have gotten use to climbers. and when i get home at night i dont have to worry about anything being stolen because its home with me. 

with that said, im a meat hunter. so i can see how some guys who are hunting a specific buck would have to leave stands up, cams, etc..

1 hour ago, Kype said:

i use to have a lot gear stolen. now i carry out everything i carry in. i have gotten use to climbers. and when i get home at night i dont have to worry about anything being stolen because its home with me. 

with that said, im a meat hunter. so i can see how some guys who are hunting a specific buck would have to leave stands up, cams, etc..

Stands I leave are yard sale specials so no biggie.  That's why I use cheap cams I still use a climber but have been using helium sticks with 2 aiders and xstand expedition total weight is under 20 lbs.  I also have the lightest climber available at just over 11lbs x stand sit n climb.  The expedition can go in any tree the climber can and ones the climber can't.  I use the climber if I'm going in far in hardwoods.  But if I didn't have a few stands I leave I wouldn't be able to hunt half as much as I do 

1 hour ago, vdep217 said:

Stands I leave are yard sale specials so no biggie.  

That's a bigger bunch of BS than saying our current administration is doing a great job, and I mean that in the sense of not ruining the country LOL

Cheap or not has NOTHING to do with it. It's YOURS not theirs, it's a bag of shit move and I am calling you out right now saying regardless of what you paid when you go to where your stuff was to find someone took it that you are not a little pissed or for violated feeling.

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

27 minutes ago, Roon said:

That's a bigger bunch of BS than saying our current administration is doing a great job, and I mean that in the sense of not ruining the country LOL

Cheap or not has NOTHING to do with it. It's YOURS not theirs, it's a bag of shit move and I am calling you out right now saying regardless of what you paid when you go to where your stuff was to find someone took it that you are not a little pissed or for violated feeling.

Never said I'm not pissed when it happens but knowing it does happen it lessens the hurt with a 20 dollar stand instead of a 200 dollar stand.  I hunt all public some stands close to developments that have kids wondering the woods other hunters antis etc.  I'm a realisr I have spots I leave stands and cams because I want to hunt after work.  If I get off at 3 I can be sitting by 315.  It's risk so I mitigate possible loss

Edited by vdep217

Set up a bait camera with corn even another stand.. Go with a buddy and hang anther camera hi up well hidden angling down. Make sure its a cell camera.. The prick will come back and you will catch him. Worked for me a few months ago, and it was someone part of a small club that leases the land from from me, worst part is thought the guy was really a nice guy.. Well I'm hanging him out to dry....! Other best part is that no one else knew he did it.... Bad sportsmen make things hard for all of us when we should be supporting one another.

6 hours ago, MPSR said:

Set up a bait camera with corn even another stand.. Go with a buddy and hang anther camera hi up well hidden angling down. Make sure its a cell camera.. The prick will come back and you will catch him. Worked for me a few months ago, and it was someone part of a small club that leases the land from from me, worst part is thought the guy was really a nice guy.. Well I'm hanging him out to dry....! Other best part is that no one else knew he did it.... Bad sportsmen make things hard for all of us when we should be supporting one another.

Revised plan....set up bait camera. Connect bait camera to grenade pin. Do not set up another camera as u do not want pics lol. Then listen.

I wish people would start putting tracking devices on their equipment, I’ve thought about it, but I normally don’t leave anything in the field, but I almost want to just to catch a thief

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, njdoxie said:

I wish people would start putting tracking devices on their equipment

Didn't someone recently post a case where the thief turned on the cell camera in their apartment and it started taking pictures and sending them to the owner of the camera? lol