IGNORED

Winter Bow is here

electricstart

Who is Hunting Winter Bow ? Use to be my favorite time to hunt .Woods empty usually by myself . Cold and snow usually much Better . You have to dress warm .Crossbow makes much easier ,less movement .Heavier cloths does not hit string . My area Bow only . I do Take recurve from time to time though even more fun . Next week looks like cold and little snow .My freezer is full so more to break winter blues . Good Luck who ever Hunts . 

Just now, Ron said:

I am looking forward to some cold weather. Depending on how hard rain is this afternoon I will check a camera close to home to see what is doing. Maybe get out tomorrow afternoon. 

So far only one cold day ahead for the next week. 

I used to love winter bow .

‘But it’s not the same since the gun seasons over lapped .

deer even on sanctuary pieces are rattled from the end of November until February .

would love if they made January just primitive weapons .

‘Stick bows and primitive muzzy .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I decided to sit out the rain today. I usually love hunting on new years day. I usually don't see or hear anything but wildlife until around noon time. My first winter bow sit will be wednesday. I have two good 8 pts that showed up out of no where. I will stay at it til I kill one of them or the month ends. Then it will be scouting 1-2 times a week for next two months.

4 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

I used to love winter bow .

‘But it’s not the same since the gun seasons over lapped .

deer even on sanctuary pieces are rattled from the end of November until February .

would love if they made January just primitive weapons .

‘Stick bows and primitive muzzy .

Take a trip yo the pines zone 18 or 21 no more gun hunting

14 minutes ago, BHC said:

haven't hunted winter bow in 15 years.......for me rather let the deer relax and stressed after the gun season....

More to break the winter blues for me .  I have taken my share of deer though in winter . I do hunt bow only county land . No Gun so I do understand your point .

Didn't go today because of rain, heavy rain coming later afternoon. Only big buck I've seen so far comes in at dark.  Will try for him Monday since I haven't seen him all week with the warm weather.  Have to check a couple other cameras tomorrow that are in good morning spots, but so far only getting doe and small bucks on them.  Rather get one in the morning than right at dark.  Winter bow was a lot better many moons ago before they extended gun seasons.  Still love going in the cold and snow.  I haven't had enough hunting until the end of winter bow.  By then I'm done with the cold and had enough.  Really itching to go this year because I tagged out early with muzzy and haven't hunted since 6 day.