IGNORED

GLOCK 21 DISCHARGE

RPK0620

When your service weapon comes off the hip to be put away the chamber should be cleared.
I disagree. Why even have a gun if your keeping it unloaded. I can't tell you the amount of times I've seen guns dropped, mostly glocks. Only time I one ever went off was when the guy reached for it. He to blamed it for going off when hitting the floor but I know better.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Just now, Kayak Ken said:

I disagree. Why even have a gun if your keeping it unloaded. I can't tell you the amount of times I've seen guns dropped, mostly glocks. Only time I one ever went off was when the guy reached for it. He to blamed it for going off when hitting the floor but I know better.

Hand gun does not have to be unloaded just the chamber cleared, are you so afraid for your life that you have to have a round in the chamber while gun is in your home and risk an accidental discharge that kills you wife, you child or you. A magazine in the gun is not enough and takes a second to charge?:down:

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

38 minutes ago, Bones said:

You ever go to Kentucky the only people to open carry are  pedophiles because they’re the only ones who can’t get a concealed permit.

Pedophiles would be felons and as such, not legally allowed to own firearms let alone carry them open or concealed(?).  

Hand gun does not have to be unloaded just the chamber cleared, are you so afraid for your life that you have to have a round in the chamber while gun is in your home and risk an accidental discharge that kills you wife, you child or you. A magazine in the gun is not enough and takes a second to charge?:down:
If you have it in a retention holster, I really don't see the need for this. Most negligent discharges happen with belly bands or people carrying it in a pocket.

44 minutes ago, Kayak Ken said:

If you have it in a retention holster, I really don't see the need for this. Most negligent discharges happen with belly bands or people carrying it in a pocket.

It is a stretch but absolutely possible the sear is worn and the shock from dropping caused it to fire.  This is why I'm a big fan of hammer fire guns.  You can have one in the pipe but if the hammer isn't back its not going to go off unless its double action and trigger is pulled.  I do own 2 striker fired hand guns but as I said I prefer hammer fired

1 hour ago, bushden said:

My gun, 1911 colt 45 cal, is always loaded. I don't see a reason to make myself go through another step if I had to defend my home/family. 
I just made a quick look on internet and experts recommend to keep it loaded. 

10 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

My gun, 1911 colt 45 cal, is always loaded. I don't see a reason to make myself go through another step if I had to defend my home/family. 
I just made a quick look on internet and experts recommend to keep it loaded. 

You do what you feel is right, it takes a split second to charge a round. That split second could save a life. I am all about safety, I taught it and I live it. I have no children in the house and keep mine where I can get to it immediately and there is never a round in the chamber unless I am ready to use it.

HONOR THE FALLEN
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

2 hours ago, bushden said:

When your service weapon comes off the hip to be put away the chamber should be cleared.

Negative

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

3 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

Negative

What ever floats your boat!

HONOR THE FALLEN

The Glock action is fairly basic once you dissect all of the mechanisms, and the firing pin block is pretty foolproof  if installed correctly. That would have prevented it discharging if dropped, and the slide hit a hard surface at a fairly precise point. 

Another explanation was that something in the holster was depressing the trigger enough to disengage the FP safety, and the slide hit a hard surface at a fairly precise point.

Can't really think of anything else that would have caused this to happen. Cynic hat back on.

Edited by flat9999

2 hours ago, bushden said:

You do what you feel is right, it takes a split second to charge a round. That split second could save a life. I am all about safety, I taught it and I live it. I have no children in the house and keep mine where I can get to it immediately and there is never a round in the chamber unless I am ready to use it.

When sitting in your tree stand waiting for a deer do you keep a round chambered?  If you do you’re really putting your life and others around you in jeopardy according to your logic. Just go ahead and chamber a round when a deer walks by. Only takes a second 🙄