IGNORED

GLOCK 21 DISCHARGE

RPK0620

55 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

There are a few reasons that could cause it to fire already stated a worn trigger sear a trigger job to light its not physically impossible but highly unlikley

I am an advanced Glock Armorer and Glock transition Instructor. The way the weapon is designed it is 99.999% impossible that the weapon fired when dropped unless some work was done to the weapon....  After market trigger kits have become quite popular and they all come with a warning not to be used on service/carry pistols....

Edited by Bowhunter458

16 hours ago, Bubblehead said:

When sitting in your tree stand waiting for a deer do you keep a round chambered?  If you do you’re really putting your life and others around you in jeopardy according to your logic. Just go ahead and chamber a round when a deer walks by. Only takes a second 🙄

Nope when sitting in the stand waiting for a deer to show at a moments notice I am loaded and ready to fire and if I make a mistake and bump the gun and it goes off I do not risk hitting my wife or kids.  When in a field environment tactically moving with weapon in hand it is always loaded  ready to fire. At home is a different story, I am not in the ready position waiting every second for an an intruder to come through the door, I  am taking reasonable safety precautions to protect my family from an  accidental discharge and if the day comes where I feel I need to protect them I will have weapon in hand ready to react.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

Man, I have read some interesting opinions on here.

When you live in a carry state things change.

I carry almost everyday. Sometimes in my home. Depends on what I am doing.

A gun is always loaded.  

Open carry is legal.

I carry with one in the chamber because you do not have time to chamber a round when the time comes. If you don't want to that's fine. 

I have a safe and the gun is unloaded when stored but a mag is near by to load quickly in the house.

You should always follow the rules of safety.

The accident could have happened for multiple reasons but a gun by mechanics should not go off when dropped. So either ND or AD and the gun needs to be reviewed for mechanical issues.

I certainly do not walk outside when getting dressed and holstering.

Many of you need to go through training it helps.

Having loaded gun in your home is a choice. 

I know many without children who do.

NJ really has created a battered gun owner.

Just because someone carries in their home doesn't mean they put their family in danger. Guns do not just jump out of a holster and shoot around the house.

Do you play kids when armed nope. Eat dinner yes. Sit and watch TV yes. It doesn't make you paranoid and your are not sitting waiting for someone to come through the door.

Your gun becomes just like your phone, wallet, keys. 

If you kept taking it on and off every time you entered and left the house it would create more of a danger. 

You map your day and when you finally come home you choose when to remove.

In my county alone you can bet almost 1/4 of the people at the grocery store are armed. I am going by LTCF issued BUT just because issued doesn't mean people are armed.. so there are some assumptions. 

To find more knowledgeable info check pafoa.org you will find logical discussions about everything dealing with firearms.

I hope the person injured recovers and hope an investigation brings good information. 

There are three safeties on a glock and dropping one should not have made it fire.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

13 minutes ago, thefirstndsecond said:

Man, I have read some interesting opinions on here.

When you live in a carry state things change.

I carry almost everyday. Sometimes in my home. Depends on what I am doing.

A gun is always loaded.  

Open carry is legal.

I carry with one in the chamber because you do not have time to chamber a round when the time comes. If you don't want to that's fine. 

I have a safe and the gun is unloaded when stored but a mag is near by to load quickly in the house.

You should always follow the rules of safety.

The accident could have happened for multiple reasons but a gun by mechanics should not go off when dropped. So either ND or AD and the gun needs to be reviewed for mechanical issues.

I certainly do not walk outside when getting dressed and holstering.

Many of you need to go through training it helps.

Having loaded gun in your home is a choice. 

I know many without children who do.

NJ really has created a battered gun owner.

Just because someone carries in their home doesn't mean they put their family in danger. Guns do not just jump out of a holster and shoot around the house.

Do you play kids when armed nope. Eat dinner yes. Sit and watch TV yes. It doesn't make you paranoid and your are not sitting waiting for someone to come through the door.

Your gun becomes just like your phone, wallet, keys. 

If you kept taking it on and off every time you entered and left the house it would create more of a danger. 

You map your day and when you finally come home you choose when to remove.

In my county alone you can bet almost 1/4 of the people at the grocery store are armed. I am going by LTCF issued BUT just because issued doesn't mean people are armed.. so there are some assumptions. 

To find more knowledgeable info check pafoa.org you will find logical discussions about everything dealing with firearms.

I hope the person injured recovers and hope an investigation brings good information. 

There are three safeties on a glock and dropping one should not have made it fire.

well said.

Its a public forum. You will get advice from people who have no clue on the subject. That's the nature of it and even if you read:  "you should - I know I have been doing it this way for years and taught this way", instead of "this is the way I do it",  take everything with a grain of salt and don't react until you know for sure, especially when it comes to safety. On big forums like this you eventually get the right answer but there are more ways to verify what is right and wrong. 

11 hours ago, Bowhunter458 said:

I am an advanced Glock Armorer and Glock transition Instructor. The way the weapon is designed it is 99.999% impossible that the weapon fired when dropped unless some work was done to the weapon....  After market trigger kits have become quite popular and they all come with a warning not to be used on service/carry pistols....

And here's your dinner

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

2 hours ago, bushden said:

Nope when sitting in the stand waiting for a deer to show at a moments notice I am loaded and ready to fire and if I make a mistake and bump the gun and it goes off I do not risk hitting my wife or kids.  When in a field environment tactically moving with weapon in hand it is always loaded  ready to fire. At home is a different story, I am not in the ready position waiting every second for an an intruder to come through the door, I  am taking reasonable safety precautions to protect my family from an  accidental discharge and if the day comes where I feel I need to protect them I will have weapon in hand ready to react.

Reaction time is directly correlated to muscle memory. I hope you train the way you are preparing or not preparing for an armed encounter. In a time of stress your body will naturally revert to the way it was trained over and over again without thought or delay. If you don't train to load a round you will die with an empty chamber. Most of the people you are disputing with here carry loaded guns on their hip every day and their families have been trained/raised with knowing there is always a loaded gun in the house when they are around.

You situation is unique to you but it by no means is the only or right way of doing things

Edited by Bucndoe

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

1 minute ago, Bucndoe said:

Reaction time is directly correlated to muscle memory. I hope you train the way you are preparing or not preparing for an armed encounter. In a time of stress your body will naturally revert to the way it was trained over and over again without thought or delay. If you don't train to load a round you will die with an empty chamber. Most of the people you are disputing with here carry loaded guns on their hip every day. 

I agree in part, the part I do not agree is I do not believe most here carry every day and they are not trained to react with discipline. Just my opinion.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

1 minute ago, bushden said:

I agree in part, the part I do not agree is I do not believe most here carry every day and they are not trained to react with discipline. Just my opinion.

Unless you know who you are talking with online here personally, I can tell you with certainty that you are most definitely mistaken

FWIW.. I carry everyday on and off duty.  I've never heard one guy I work with  say they don't keep a round in the chamber when home or carrying off duty. This is just my experience living in the world of carrying a firearm everyday for the past 13 years. If some people aren't comfortable doing that, it's a personal choice and I don't fault them for it. Everyone's comfort level is different when it comes to handling firearms. 

4 hours ago, Bucndoe said:

Unless you know who you are talking with online here personally, I can tell you with certainty that you are most definitely mistaken

I'll add another so called cardinal rule which may seem crazy to most here to break, but I train people to point loaded guns at others all the time.  That's foreign  to most but a reality of life on the streets...... 

Edited by Bowhunter458

4 hours ago, Bucndoe said:

Most of the people you are disputing with here carry loaded guns on their hip every day and their families have been trained/raised with knowing there is always a loaded gun in the house when they are around.

You situation is unique to you but it by no means is the only or right way of doing things

My kids all started their firearms training between 7-9 years of age depending on each's individual maturity. Out of my 5,  4 are considered excellent shots by any modern standard. However the first thing taught was to respect and understand what firearms are what they can do and how to handle them Safely and Properly. 

3 minutes ago, Bowhunter458 said:

I'll add another so called cardinal rule which may seem crazy to most here to break, but I train people to point loaded guns at others all the time.  That's foreign  to most but a reality of life on the streets...... 

Interesting comment. I think for most the thought of pointing, never mind using a firearm on another is indeed foreign if not frightening. I took a firearms self defense course a bit ago, the instructor was a truly no nonsense guy which I appreciated. He kept repeating that is you pull a gun it will more then likely be used, either by you or against you.     

I’d say a guy who carry’s a gun with no round in the chamber but specifically trains often the same way he carry’s will be at least equally as effective as the guy who carry’s a chambered round but rarely trains drawing and shooting. That being said I believe you can keep a loaded gun in the house and still be 100% safe about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NJ certainly trains us to be afraid of guns. I grew up on a farm and was shooting by 4 or 5 years old. 

I have lived in other states and carried in at least 3 states that i have lived in.

What people consider perfectly normal in Pa would scare most people in NJ

I carried every day for at least 3 years in PA. A couple years in North Carolina ( every day)

and I carry occasionally in Florida depending where i am going.

not uncommon 3 out 4 guys carrying in other states. the point is its what you are used to that sets your opinion on guns. use as you see fit and never point a loaded gun at anyone you dont plan on possibly shooting. My guns are loaded 

54 minutes ago, Farmshine said:

I’d say a guy who carry’s a gun with no round in the chamber but specifically trains often the same way he carry’s will be at least equally as effective as the guy who carry’s a chambered round but rarely trains drawing and shooting. That being said I believe you can keep a loaded gun in the house and still be 100% safe about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It certainly is not a new concept, and even has a name - Israeli Carry.

There are many reason to carry this way, and it is also very effective as long as the training has been done. That means that you you practice drawing your handgun and manipulating the slide before firing. 

Formal defensive training and/or participation in competitive shooting is a really good way to really see how your preferences stack-up.