IGNORED

NJ Gun Club Final 2020 6-day buck counts!

BowhunterNJ

Last few clubs shot mostly mature animals.. way to many dinks taken on the rest.. Years ago their was a club in Sussex County called the Longcoors. Every buck in the group was a 120 or better they were selective. I’m sure a lot of doe hit the ground this year as well during drives with some clubs. Can’t get big if we keep following brown and down rules.. just my opinion.

save the yearling bucks and shoot a doe on doe day instead..

9 hours ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Alpha & Interboro

image.jpeg

This photo affects me differently than the others do....

I saw it last night n didn’t comment....I saw it again this AM n guna add my 2 cents

I think they could have come up with a more classy way to honor their harvest for their 100th anniversary. 

to lay deer on the ground in the shape of a number seems a bit disrespectful to the animals and numbers of the harvest is not what it is all about

other club pics show a traditional, orderly, meatpole style photo, to honor their quarry.......hanging high above the average height a man stands, somewhat symbolic to respect the animals as they maybe ascend to a higher ground.....Alpha n Interboro miss that mark!

9 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

This photo affects me differently than the others do....

I saw it last night n didn’t comment....I saw it again this AM n guna add my 2 cents

I think they could have come up with a more classy way to honor their harvest for their 100th anniversary. 

to lay deer on the ground in the shape of a number seems a bit disrespectful to the animals and numbers of the harvest is not what it is all about

other club pics show a traditional, orderly, meatpole style photo, to honor their quarry.......hanging high above the average height a man stands, somewhat symbolic to respect the animals as they maybe ascend to a higher ground.....Alpha n Interboro miss that mark!

Sorry I don’t see it your way. It’s all about the numbers to the clubs. 
I also don’t see how a meat poll is more respectful than the ground. 
Anyway it’s not an argument, you feel the way you feel, as do I and there is no changing it

Being a trophy hunter and sometimes frowning upon guys taking young bucks I still think its awesome to see traditions holding strong.  Seeing that many deer on a meatpole seems like a lot of deer but most guys shoot more deer per person throughout the year but its just not all in one week.  Congrats to all the clubs.  Im kind of jealous being a lone hunter, hunting with a group with strong traditions looks like a lot of fun!