IGNORED

What boxes do you still hope to check this season?

Rusty

1 hour ago, BowhunterNJ said:

The one elusive box I have every year...shooting a 200" typical 6x6.  Beyond that at a distant second option box will be taking a doe for the freezer! :rofl:

gee who planted that 6x6 200" typical in your head?

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Shot a mature doe and decent 9pt during eab. Haven’t seen anything worth looking at twice with the exception of a ghost buck who wouldn’t come closer than 65yds when I had a bow in my hand. Hunted m/l and 6day and had over 30 doe over the last few days of that but was out for horns. Now my plan is to go with the m/l and take 1 or 2 mature doe or a nice buck. Buck needs to be at least ~125” or he walks. We’ll see what tomorrow brings....

At age 73 it's a pleasure just to get out with the boys and maybe sit in the woods on a fine day. Doesn't mean i have to kill something or sit in the truck for hours.  It's just the idea of getting out with my son Mallard1100 and enjoy the day.  Hopefully i'll still be around if my four year old granddaugter enjoys the sport and i get to hunt or sit in the truck with her.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/19/2019 at 6:53 PM, Rusty said:

I've got one box left to check for this season,  enjoying a successful winter bow hunt with our daughter.  She's in year 6 of a 7 year program at school so her hunting is limited to winter bow.    

Last box checked.  It has officially been a great year!  

Blood.jpeg

Find the sheds of a buck I call Ghost buck this year.. No Cam pics, ultra white rack Seen shotgun several times easily in the high 150's. He dropped his rack and is now on Cam.. I have his beading area pinpointed but am leaving along for a little longer as someone on the adjacent property is still winter bowhunting.. Hope to find one side..:up: