IGNORED

I win... I win!!!!!!

B B

3 hours ago, Big Blue said:

That is hilarious..... On a more serious note. What does everybody use for early-season scrapes scent wise????  All of the typical scents out there are doe in heat and dominant buck..... What does everybody use for starting a community scrape now?

A rake, or stick cause most likely I'll forget my rake, and unzip.  Yes, we're serious when we say we use our own piss in a mock scrape and yes, it does work.  Not sure about the usual discussion of what you drink or meds mattering, but I drink a gallon of water a day and that's all I drink.  Take into account that no matter what you use nothing's gonna work 100% of the time and location is equally, maybe even more, important.   

1 hour ago, B B said:

A rake, or stick cause most likely I'll forget my rake, and unzip.  Yes, we're serious when we say we use our own piss in a mock scrape and yes, it does work.  Not sure about the usual discussion of what you drink or meds mattering, but I drink a gallon of water a day and that's all I drink.  Take into account that no matter what you use nothing's gonna work 100% of the time and location is equally, maybe even more, important.   

Buddy had a piss jug that he dumped going out through a field one night.  Next morning it had been scraped.  I tried a few times pissing to sweeten up natural scrapes, and it just went dead.  Maybe urine from an old buck scares them away?  I just leave them alone now.  If a buck is coming for it, he's on his way without help from me. 

I walked through all of them on a scrapeline once, rubbing my boots into them, and then set up with the climber 40yds from the last one.  Had a small 6pt follow my tracks to the tree and sniff the tree where I placed my foot to pull myself up into the climber.  

Been wanting to take a licking branch in a zip-loc bag from one area to a scrape in another area, set up a camera, and see if it makes the buck frequent more often, feeling he has competition.  Someday I'll do it when I don't have to go out of my way. 

Edited by Greybeard

3 hours ago, Woodsman416 said:

I'll tell you what, give me one a those, a treethrasher and a deer view mirror and there's no way any of you guys are beating me in this years buck contest!:rofl:

Well, I have all those and a cruncher so...

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

2 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

I bought 2.

Will be using it all over my neighbors property. 

will have him hunting as far away from me as I can get :happywave:

I didn't tell you of that ruse, did I?

Great gift for the guy who has everything except money in his gadget fund.