IGNORED

$15 Minimum Wage

YurytheRed

1 hour ago, hammer4reel said:

There are plenty of people making 5 times that who aren't worth 5 bucks an hour.

I honestly don't see the reason for all the uproar over 15 bucks an hour ( which is 5 years away ) 

people are making more than that weekly NOW collecting unemployment sitting home.

MAYBE more cash flow earned in the state will take some of the burden off some of us by making more people contribute instead of them just sitting there with their hand out .

Especially in the unions...lmao

Trickle down economics, like VDep217 said , more automation less bodies and they’ll still raise the prices . $15 , $20 doesn’t matter , if people won’t help themselves you can’t force them , $3 Extra an hour makes no difference in a budget theses days , just more political fluff.  And these jobs are just that , they’re not careers , it’s suppose to be an extra source or part time source of income not soul support but, with more and more illegals and immigrants in this country their only job opportunity may be these types of jobs and they’re trying to raise a family on it. 

To quote Hammer ; I have a a lot of what your talking about as well, all the programs just water down the work force .... no one wants to work or earn their money . I’m writing this as I sit at work and I’ve been here since 7:30am 

4 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

There are plenty of people making 5 times that who aren't worth 5 bucks an hour.

I honestly don't see the reason for all the uproar over 15 bucks an hour ( which is 5 years away ) 

people are making more than that weekly NOW collecting unemployment sitting home.

MAYBE more cash flow earned in the state will take some of the burden off some of us by making more people contribute instead of them just sitting there with their hand out .

I forget the name of the movie but it explains what will happen well..  at age 15 they had a clock started on their wrist.   1 year..  every thing was paid for using that time.  Working they were paid in time. They got loans in time and had to pay intrest..  If time ran out they died..  2 of them stole millions of hours of time and the banks raised interest to recoup.  The more time they stole the more the cost of living went up. 

I know it seems silly but it will end has had negative effects in states that already implemented 15 dollar minimum wage

As a small business owner I can tell you plainly and simply that my business will not be able to sustain at 15 dollar minimum wage.  What will I then have to pay  my workers who are currently at $15-18 per hour when the entry level person is making $15. This will be mitigated by some price increases, but I can't raise prices enough to completely absorb this wage increase, which leaves me no option but to cut workers and move towards automation as much as I can.  So to those of you who think this is no big deal, this has a catastrophic effect on many of us. The business owner is always looked at as the "greedy bastard" who must be a zillionaire, when the reality is that in most cases nothing can be further from the truth. I work between 80-90 hours on any given week, I have no sick time, no retirement fund, no pension, I'm working with 2-5% profit margins, I work holidays, weekends, etc. And now on the whim of some bucktoothed piece of $hit and his crooked cohorts, I have to fundamentally reinvent my business and say a hail mary that everything will be ok. So yes, this is a big deal and it wont solve any problems because consumer pricing is going to go up exponentially across the board. The minimum wager will be in the same hole they were in to begin with because all of their expenses will go up as well. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_Jersey_locations_by_per_capita_income

pretty good breakdown from 7 years ago. We’re talking about it being 5 years from now until the minimum here would be 15 an hour.

I feel anyone working in NJ should be able to make enough money to sustain living here.

while many would not want to fill those 15 dollar an hour jobs , someone has to .

Jobs many think are stupid are actually the best some can do.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

12 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

The issue here is guys currently make let's say 19-20/ hr are going to demand more because if the guy at Walmart makes 15 I deserve more now. I own a biz and already and fielding questions about it from my guys. This cost gets passed on to the customer. Now multiply that by every trade and business. Everything costs more. Which devalues the 15 an hour lol.

Funny how people think only THEY deserve a living wage. The rest have to be subservient to them. Ridiculous. Wages in a truly free economy are determined by labor demands/shortages. If there is a lack of workers (or low unemployment) wages have to increase to attract employees. High unemployment does not create an environment to raise wages to attract employees. We are no where near a "free economy" and have not been for a long time in spite of what anyone thinks. People have to survive between good times and bad. A minimum wage helps with this matter. No one can "live" in NJ on a minimum wage no matter if it's $15 or $20 so that is mostly something for young kids or part time workers. 

Edited by archer36

I owned a small business. I was paying my employees (adults) $15-20 per hour 10 years ago. I could not with a conscience pay them less. That in my opinion would be slave labor. 

I anyone owns a business these days and says they can't afford to pay someone $15 an hour SHOULD NOT BE in business. 

Edited by archer36

I am wondering, how will this impact our schools regarding substitute teachers and auxiliary staff? I am willing to bet in many small school districts substitute teachers make less than 100 a day.  Another tax increase on the way. 

The Walmart by me must be getting ready for the increase as they just installed about 20 new self check isles and only had one register open .

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

"Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!" - Chesty Puller

3 hours ago, Coyoteslayer said:

The issue here is guys currently make let's say 19-20/ hr are going to demand more because if the guy at Walmart makes 15 I deserve more now. I own a biz and already and fielding questions about it from my guys. This cost gets passed on to the customer. Now multiply that by every trade and business. Everything costs more. Which devalues the 15 an hour lol.

Giant Economic Slide Rule , Everyone is devalued until market correction .in essence they’ll pay for their own raise . 

Edited by Nanuk

13 minutes ago, Bowhunter444 said:

The Walmart by me must be getting ready for the increase as they just installed about 20 new self check isles and only had one register open .

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That’s good , because they never have used half the employee manned registers..

‘I built 7 Walmart’s and could never understand why they had so many registers that they never open

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/