IGNORED

$15 Minimum Wage

YurytheRed

1 minute ago, hammer4reel said:

That’s where Nj has messed up the most .

there def have to be tax breaks so businesses can survive .

but those breaks should be keeping workers wages lower .

workers should at least be able to make enough money to survive here without all the rest of the GOVERNMENT handouts . ( which all the rest of us are paying for )

This is my point. As a business owner, it feels like you're just getting bullied by the govt. Why does the entire burden of this fall on the businesses? Why can't it be something like Ok, you have to pay higher wages over here, but we'll give you a break on this end of things. There is no balance struck, just heavy handed, iron fisted mandates. 

One point if u don’t own a biz u might not be aware of.  Your employer has to pay taxes on your taxes taken from your pay each week. For one worker making 20 an hour it’s about 1000.00 a month. I know because I pay it.  So it’s not just the increased wage for the business. It’s an increased payroll tax. Imagine a supermarket with 150 employees.

11 minutes ago, Coyoteslayer said:

If there was a valid reason for this other than everyone deserves a trophy I’d more receptive. But throw more money at positions that don’t deserve them is ludicrous. Min wage are starter positions. Pay your dues type positions. Not meant to rent a 1500 a month spot with.  But it will affect us all. I’m surprised a few of you have drank the kool aid on this one.

Has nothing to do with drinking the kool aid

its real numbers. You want to run a business in NJ but can’t afford to pay a person  enough to live here .

nj as we all know is an expensive place to live.

so instead of each person making enough to live here , those of us working making enough are getting taxed to the max .

its the rest of us paying higher taxes to pay for all the governments handouts given so those under payed workers can survive here .

im tired of paying for business owners shortfalls .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

3 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

its real numbers. You want to run a business in NJ but can’t afford to pay a person  enough to live here .

so instead of each person making enough to live here , those of us working making enough are getting taxed to the max .

its the rest of us paying higher taxes to pay for all the governments handouts given so those under payed workers can survive here .

You make a very good point. I'm just so cynical when it comes to government that I don't believe this will provide us any relief that is being sold to us. They will still tax us the same and more, and say they now need that money for something else. This state is going to hell in a handbasket and this bucktoothed @sshole is speeding up the process. I have never disliked a politician more than him

3 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

I made 20 bucks an hour back in 1980 stocking shelves, def a non skilled job.

cant believe almost 40 years later people think there is any job not worth 15 bucks.

and  with economy in NJ  being as high , those people still need help getting by.

average rent in NJ is over 1500 a month.

add gas and food , they never get out of the whole.

funny is poorer states around us their minimum wage is already 4 bucks higher than ours , and employers have no problem there paying the wages .

On the other hand there are many who are not worth the 15. Let the market dictate who makes what. Setting rates artificially produces lazy, unwilling to improve itself labor force. Imo

36 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

As I mentioned I already pay my worker well north of this number even if it became law today. So u wont be paying for my shortfall but u will be paying for this increase make no mistake.

3 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

I made 20 bucks an hour back in 1980 stocking shelves, def a non skilled job.

cant believe almost 40 years later people think there is any job not worth 15 bucks.

and  with economy in NJ  being as high , those people still need help getting by.

average rent in NJ is over 1500 a month.

add gas and food , they never get out of the whole.

funny is poorer states around us their minimum wage is already 4 bucks higher than ours , and employers have no problem there paying the wages .

I just gotta ask....What company paid you $20 an hour to stock shelves in 1980...???  The min wage in NJ at that time was $3.10 per hour............Not doubting...just wondering...

2 minutes ago, Daktari said:

I just gotta ask....What company paid you $20 an hour to stock shelves in 1980...???  The min wage in NJ at that time was $3.10 per hour............Not doubting...just wondering...

Shop rite .  Local 1262

Actually made way more money there  (2 years working nights automatically put you to top rate ) than when I left to become an electrician .

was third shift 11 pm till 7 am.

only full time (40) hour workers made that.

we actually made more than the store managers.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/