IGNORED

Governor Murphy Stops Bear Hunt On All NJ's Owned Lands

BHC

2 hours ago, chenrossi said:

Don't take this personal, but then why are you going to sit here and say sportsmen need to quit buying licenses and stamps because you don't feel represented? What do you actually think that accomplishes? What's insulting is the fact when anything we disagree with happens, we never. ever. look around and hold ourselves accountable. We hide our heads in the sand and blame the DFW and step back from support for it; when we are collectively getting by on the skin of our teeth to be heard because we are failing to bolster hunter numbers. You realize telling people to quit buying licenses and stamps gives US, any pro-hunting organization, AND the DFW LESS of OUR voice to be heard over any person or organization that opposes us. 

Consider this. What leg does any organization have to stand on when they only have 1,000 dwindling voices, as opposed to the next organization that's GROWING and has tens of thousands. The squeakiest mice get the cheese.......I mean shit, here we are like an hour after this has been posted and there's 50 posts of basically bickering already looking for blame.

I'm not taking it personal, but I have been buying a fishing license and hunting license and assorted stamps for 35 years so I have done my part as have ten of thousands of other hunter and fishermen. 

Has the DFW taken up the fight for us in any regard except for the 150' rule which can be undone by any township with a no discharge ordinance?  I don't think they have, they serve under a corrupt DEP that has a political agenda, some of the people at DFW may have our backs but what can they do to stop this SOB? 

They work for us and not any other resident by virtue of our license dollars, how exactly is my voice heard when my opportunities dwindle year by year and a governor thinks my guns are a danger to the other 8 million residents of this state? 

How, by hunting a bear on state land am I a "public safety concern" with a bow no less?  

What's insulting is the fact when anything we disagree with happens, we never. ever. look around and hold ourselves accountable. <<<<<<<This statement isn't logical because we can't force the hand of a governor we didn't elect, so you don't make sense with that statement.   The opposition elected this jackass. 

I hold myself accountable but I know I am the lone blade of grass surrounded by people with a gallon of roundup.   There is not one democrat politician who will stand up to this governor and fight for the rights of sportsmen, only the elected republicans have any interest in helping us keep our traditions and rights.  I vote every year and every year my opportunities to continue my traditions dwindle in this state because we are outnumbered, so what am I or the other hunter/fishermen supposed to do?

34 minutes ago, Farmshine said:

It’s a setback but there are plenty of opportunities to kill a bear non state property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a BS comment. Not everyone has access to private land, and the truth is that NJ's public lands belong to all of us, the public.  And to be honest, it belongs to those who actually pay for it; us hunters with the exorbitant licensing and permit costs.

David

1 hour ago, Mixbaghunter said:

If this goes through then f&g need to close all state land to dog walking. Or maybe there should be a rule that anyone an state land needs to have a fishing or hunting license. Like you have to use the gun range

Then they can use money to get more Co to enforce the new and old rules.

You may not remember but there was a lawsuit by non-hunters and the state supreme court sided with them in that they should have access to WMA's without the need to buy a license.   So that argument is dead.  

If public land hunting is supported by the Pittman-Roberstson funds (https://www.doi.gov/pressreleases/secretary-zinke-announces-more-that-11-billion-sportsmen-conservation),  which has given NJ several million dollars, can a governor dictate how this money is spent  and what it cannot be used for?  Just a thought.  

"God bless America and the 2nd Amendment!" 

www.NorthJerseyMike.com

UBNJ Member

OLM Knights of Columbus, Kinnelon, NJ

In short, his executive order is nconstitutional. The governor cannot create law or selectively enforce the law. He is compelled to follow and execute it, as written, or it is a dereliction of his duties. 

Liberals ALWAYS want the executive branch to have more power than the legislature. It’s a slippery slope to dictatorship. 

This will easily make it through the courts quickly. The court will probably stay the order due to past history of prior governors trying to stop the hunt. Very good chance the hunt will go forward. 

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

1 hour ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

In short, his executive order is nconstitutional. The governor cannot create law or selectively enforce the law. He is compelled to follow and execute it, as written, or it is a dereliction of his duties. 

Liberals ALWAYS want the executive branch to have more power than the legislature. It’s a slippery slope to dictatorship. 

This will easily make it through the courts quickly. The court will probably stay the order due to past history of prior governors trying to stop the hunt. Very good chance the hunt will go forward. 

Excellent synopsis of what one could expect.

The Federation, NJOA and UBNJ have this issue on the radar screen and have made statements to the press and are weighing options. The antis are not happy with Murphy as he threw them a crumb. They are more upset with the Executive order than the bear hunters!! Karma.

Buckle up, cause it's going to be a bumpy 31/2 years...

New Jersey State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs

http://www.njsfsc.org/

11 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

That jackwagon  actually states his concern for public safety as his reason. Did t he ever here of the hiker who was attacked and eaten a few years ago?  I wouldn’t hold my breathe that we will still be able to hunt federal and private either this is his first step. He will stop the rest when it’s too close to October hunt to be overturned.

He has NO CONTROL over Federal Lands, its up to the Federal agencies to allow or not allow participation in state run programs

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

9 hours ago, yoda4x4 said:

This is a BS comment. Not everyone has access to private land, and the truth is that NJ's public lands belong to all of us, the public.  And to be honest, it belongs to those who actually pay for it; us hunters with the exorbitant licensing and permit costs.

David

Yup. Public land is supposed to be public. This is outrageous and an abuse of executive power. Didn't expect much different from the libs tho.  Is federal water gap land guna b huntable?

4 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

Yup. Public land is supposed to be public. This is outrageous and an abuse of executive power. Didn't expect much different from the libs tho.  Is federal water gap land guna b huntable?

Yeah it will be open, as of now,  but all the bears will run south into Worthington...................west across the Delaware into PA...and North into NYS....so there won't be any bears in the Del Natl Rec are, it will be free of all bears.............................:rofl:

This decision is wrong on many fronts. Banning it on public land ONLY gives people with private land an unfair advantage. If it's about safety then that also could have been worked around. Just like deer hunting on many types of public lands.  It makes no sense the way it was done.  I think if it's challenged it will lose in court. 

Edited by archer36