IGNORED

First Ever Deer Drive

8 minutes ago, B B said:

Small drives like that are fun as hell.  Shame about the shed buck, but it's that time of year not much you can do bout that.

I agree with the fun, major CONGRATS on a great day for all, been there done that. 

As for shooting shed bucks - I disagree.   The regs "used to" protect them from deer drives and shotguns. The regs "could do something about that". 

Happy for the poster and their great, legal day. (seriously - no debate here). 

I respectfully disagree with that statement, and the winter regs as they now exist. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

10 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

As for shooting shed bucks - I disagree.   The regs "used to" protect them from deer drives and shotguns. The regs "could do something about that". 

I don't do drives, so excuse me if this is a dumb question...I'm curious, how did the regs used to protect shed bucks? Was deer driving at one time antlered deer only? I'm asking because I'm a 99.99% bow hunter, and don't know much about shotgun rules and regs. 

14 minutes ago, Hunter115522 said:

I don't do drives, so excuse me if this is a dumb question...I'm curious, how did the regs used to protect shed bucks? Was deer driving at one time antlered deer only? I'm asking because I'm a 99.99% bow hunter, and don't know much about shotgun rules and regs. 

I don't ever recall the regs protecting shed bucks.  Went out with 8 guys doing drives and we managed 4 deer