IGNORED

First Ever Deer Drive

6 minutes ago, bucky said:

I like a little noise just to keep the drivers in line while pushing and when the drivers get close to the gunners at the end..nothing crazy though . I like driving with 4 to 6 guys much easier to keep organized

Yes, there is more than one way. I can't say we ever drive. If we do it we push very, very  slowly. Sometimes only two or 3 guys total involved. we know the land very well so it is decided ahead of time how far to push with confidence everyone involved understands. The goal is to have deer walk away, not run for their lives.  

38 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Yes, there is more than one way. I can't say we ever drive. If we do it we push very, very  slowly. Sometimes only two or 3 guys total involved. we know the land very well so it is decided ahead of time how far to push with confidence everyone involved understands. The goal is to have deer walk away, not run for their lives.  

I know many believe deer always run a hundred miles an hour when being driven, but it simply is not the case..  deer stop listen and use the wind to their advantage..  a lot of deer simply sneak and are not seen..  also allot of times the drivers even yelling almost step on deer before they get up..  

11 hours ago, Stewey said:

I don't ever recall the regs protecting shed bucks.  Went out with 8 guys doing drives and we managed 4 deer 

Allowing shotgun beyond what was once traditional "doe day" is still a relatively new reg, and extends through January and even into February in some zones.  That exposes shed bucks to being shot as "antlerless". 

That is all I meant - nothing against those hunting legally, the state allows it and wants it. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

On 1/6/2019 at 8:39 AM, Lunatic said:

I don't think they ever did. It is antlered and antlerless, although IMO any buck shot, BB or shed, Should be a buck tag.  This change alone would make a world of difference. We kill more bucks than does and that's too many IMO.

Yeah I didn't think so either, that's why I was confused when Jack said that.