IGNORED

Opening Day Plans?

Ponds, lakes and small streams will be the go-to for any decent shot at success.  I’ll be busy installing a new furnace in my park model camper.

Next weekend will be the trip for me. Will be hitting some NJ and PA streams then.

Works good.  Dad always said work whenever u can.  U kids always need something.  

dad worked 6 days a week.   He took us fishing on Sunday’s in April n May.  The rest of the year mom had us in church 

growing up I recall my pop hunted  archery  a few Saturday afternoons and then opening day 6 day.  Maybe doe day once or twice in the 70s

when I got into college n worked a flex schedule he yelled at me and my cousin one year on New Years. He told me we deer hunted more that year that he did his whole life 

times seasons life was all so different 50 60 70 years ago 

also can someone  pls chime in.  Pre mid 70s.  60s as well.  Did the state stock brodstock beeeders in the streams and rivers back then or just dump them in the lakes 

pop got a brown in the late 70s about 20 inches     Prior to that he told me anything stocked over 13 was very rare    And if someone did get a breeder it was usually opening day 

17 minutes ago, fab said:

Works good.  Dad always said work whenever u can.  U kids always need something.  

dad worked 6 days a week.   He took us fishing on Sunday’s in April n May.  The rest of the year mom had us in church 

growing up I recall my pop hunted  archery  a few Saturday afternoons and then opening day 6 day.  Maybe doe day once or twice in the 70s

when I got into college n worked a flex schedule he yelled at me and my cousin one year on New Years. He told me we deer hunted more that year that he did his whole life 

times seasons life was all so different 50 60 70 years ago 

also can someone  pls chime in.  Pre mid 70s.  60s as well.  Did the state stock brodstock beeeders in the streams and rivers back then or just dump them in the lakes 

pop got a brown in the late 70s about 20 inches     Prior to that he told me anything stocked over 13 was very rare    And if someone did get a breeder it was usually opening day 

They used to put breeders in the rivers . Some places had netfulls .

also there were Federal stocked trout , which most were done float stocking .

Those fish were always larger than typical NJ stocked fish 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

1 hour ago, Dave B. said:

Ponds, lakes and small streams will be the go-to for any decent shot at success.  I’ll be busy installing a new furnace in my park model camper.

Next weekend will be the trip for me. Will be hitting some NJ and PA streams then.

Come on Dave, you just want them all left for yourself. With a little luck you might be able to just pick up your limit in the fields along the Flatbrook !  ;)

2 hours ago, Jerzguy2 said:

Come on Dave, you just want them all left for yourself. With a little luck you might be able to just pick up your limit in the fields along the Flatbrook !  ;)

Yeah if the damned mergansers leave any! Had three pairs of them stalking me while float stocking last week! :shock: