IGNORED

Home break ins are surging, 2A Rights and what you can or can't do during a break in

One of my friends had asked me about home break ins a couple of weeks ago being a firearm owner, so I thought I'd share this to help everyone else out with a what to and not to do guide.

https://nj1015.com/can-you-shoot-a-burglar-in-nj-home-break-ins-are-surging/

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff

2 hours ago, hostak126 said:

One of my friends had asked me about home break ins a couple of weeks ago being a firearm owner, so I thought I'd share this to help everyone else out with a what to and not to do guide.

https://nj1015.com/can-you-shoot-a-burglar-in-nj-home-break-ins-are-surging/

It is insanely sick that their are laws protecting a home invader. A stranger breaking into your home is an automatic threat. The 'reason' theyre there is after the fact. It seriously is insane to me we live in a world like this.

Break ins are only going to get worse .

police do their jobs to catch the guys , then the courts just let them walk .

I recently dealt with it personally .

as I was clearing out my house to sell , it was broken into.

Luckily most of the expensive stuff had already been moved .

he took all the copper piping from my well service , and laundry room. Few chain saws , Dyson Vacuum and some other stuff .

i could tell by the way he left the doors he was coming back .

State police said the MO was they wouldn’t be back .

few days later got him  in the act on my cams I had set up .

he got arrested , and seems he already knows he will be getting just a fine .

and he has been doing this stuff for over 20 years in our area .

with Zero fear of the law , guys like this have nothing to deter them from breaking into someone else’s home 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Slide and chamber a round that’s the warning. They know what that sound is. If that doesn’t deter them than all bets are off. Rather deal with the aftermath than prepare for a funeral for one in my family. 
The ones stealing cars are mostly underage cause they know they’ll be treated as a minor. 

Not one thing in that article has changed in my lifetime. We have never been allowed to shoot on sight, only when physically threatened. Same in far more than only the two states they say don’t allow it. Know the laws of the state you live in. Sucks, but this is anything but news. 

40 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

Not one thing in that article has changed in my lifetime. We have never been allowed to shoot on sight, only when physically threatened. Same in far more than only the two states they say don’t allow it. Know the laws of the state you live in. Sucks, but this is anything but news. 

Agree this is not new news. Law has been that way for many years.

I posted this information with the sole purpose of helping those that might not be aware of the statues when it comes to use of force. I am thoroughly excited that we now have a Right to Carry, but at the same time not everyone knows what the rules of engagement or the justifiable use of force rules are.

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff

7 minutes ago, hostak126 said:

I posted this information with the sole purpose of helping those that might not be aware of the statues when it comes to use of force. I am thoroughly excited that we now have a Right to Carry, but at the same time not everyone knows what the rules of engagement or the justifiable use of force rules are.

Agreed. And some of the replies to your post concerned me which is what I was addressing. I was a bit surprised some thought you can shoot any home intruder for any reason.  When you hit the “on” switch on the flashlight and announce your presence, you had better be drawn down in case the scumbag(s) are armed. If they are not, watch them run away with some of your valuables. Those can be replaced. You and your family cannot.