IGNORED

What’s your “23” hunts planned?

Shug

16 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

Wow must be nice. What do you do for a living to afford all this?

I work a second job and sacrifice a lot of the things “normal people” do to be able to afford my hunting trips.

I don’t eat out at restaurants often, I don’t always have the newest, fanciest anything but I do have a lot of people telling me “it must be nice” when they see me duck hunting 60+ days a year across multiple states

I will be traveling to Sussex County NJ, for a shot at the elusive mature whitetail buck and lots of does to fill freezer. (aka "Chasing NJ"). 

Also hope to do a lot of fishing.  My travel budget is eaten up by an upcoming tour with my honey of Slovenia, Croatia, and Montenegro. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I have three more years at my present job, then I can do BOTH hunts and fishing trips. Until then, I have picked fishing over hunting. I passed on an elk hunt in Colorado & a whitetail hunt in Iowa this year (I have 8 preference points). I look forward to bow hunting Iowa and one day killing an elk, moose, & mule deer. 

I have tuna trips in NJ & Cape Cod (week long). I have a few striper trips too. 

I will hunt typical seasons in NJ. I will rifle & flintlock hunt Pa. 

I'll be in Hawaii in July and hopefully September to go pig hunting with my oldest son. Going to central Virginia for the muzzleloader season. I'm hoping to go to Montana to hunt with my youngest son if he can get some leave from the Air Force. 

Edited by Tarhunt

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

2 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

Wow must be nice. What do you do for a living to afford all this?

I’m a retired electrician… 

The grizzly hunt was supposed to take place last year but the outfitter postponed it the day before I was supposed to head up due to high water in the river…

so that was paid for already.

The other hunts aren’t as expensive as you would think

Edited by Shug

1 hour ago, Merkel said:

At this point I’ve only booked another turkey hunt in NC.  In addition I’m starting to research an Osceola hunt in FL or Miriam hunt out west. Looking at the numbers, outfitters, cost, etc.   

you should try the deer hunting there on the Verona and thornberry property’s. I’m gonna see what week i finish up with work if it’s early anuff I’m gonna see if I can sneak in