IGNORED

What’s your “23” hunts planned?

Shug

11 hours ago, Eyesofthewoods said:

Being I have a toddler, stay at home wife and just took partial ownership in the company I work for my year will be all local hunts. They typical NJ archery season and then to PA for black bear and gun season.  If I have the time maybe get out in NJ for late season muzzleloader.  I’ve been very lucky to do a lot of hunting in my teens and early to mid 20s but now at 31 and the season of life (young family) I’m in some things have to go on the back burner.  

Good luck to you guys enjoy it as I’m sure most of you all worked hard to get here and be able to do these things! 

Kudos to you for realizing your priorities. I raised three Sons. Paid for their College and related expenses. I didn't have the means to go on an expensive hunting trip for a LONG time. My first was a fairly inexpensive hunt in Illinois. Took the kids on a deer hunt on a "plantation" in Virginia. After my College expenses were over, I went to Newfoundland and South Africa twice.  I went on some fishing trips too but in conjunction with a family vacation. 

I could have gone on a lot of hunting trips and spent it on a boat if I didn't pay for my Kid's College which added up to around $325,000. That was about 20 years ago. In today's numbers, easly over $500,000. 

My money was well spent on the Family. My Sons are doing very well and they thank me all the time for not being saddled with debt. 

Your day will come. :up:

Edited by archer36

This year I will be focused on smaller solo hunts here in Jersey so that my new hunting partner and I can get on the same page. She is my first gundog and boy has the learning curve been steep. Doing well, but still so much to learn before October. Still going to Texas for my annual 2 week trip in January which will be the true test.

20230305_145146.jpg

Screenshot_20230504_123435_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20230504_123604_Video Player.jpg

2 hours ago, DarthWaderTroj said:

This year I will be focused on smaller solo hunts here in Jersey so that my new hunting partner and I can get on the same page. She is my first gundog and boy has the learning curve been steep. Doing well, but still so much to learn before October. Still going to Texas for my annual 2 week trip in January which will be the true test.

20230305_145146.jpg

Screenshot_20230504_123435_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20230504_123604_Video Player.jpg

That's one great looking pup DWT,  best of luck and have fun this year!!  

• 4 months later...
On 5/4/2023 at 3:22 PM, Rusty said:

I'm gonna spend the year trying to get other people to kill deer on golf courses for me so that I don't have to do it myself.  Just like last year,  and the year before that,  .  .  .  .  and the year before that,   .   .   .   .   .  and  .   .   .   well you know.   

Rusty, where are you? I'd be happy to help :)