IGNORED

NJ Bear Hunt to be Reinstated

BHC

14 hours ago, Merkel said:

I hear you but Murphy is limited to two consecutive terms. So he’s out after this term. 

He clearly has Presidential aspirations after he’s out. This is all about that. You can’t preach “follow the science” with things like global warming or Covid protocols, and ignore the scientists on your own staff on another matter. He’s now positioning himself for a 2028 run. 

2 hours ago, OldMenRule said:

Granted I'm a cynic  but likely there will be a lawsuit to stop the hunt giving Il Duce the perfect out while appeasing both sides.  

If you recall, the bear hunt (actually the entire Plan) was taken all the way to the state Supreme Court and the hunt was upheld. If the antis brought a case, they would have to overcome that which in theory is impossible. I do anticipate a lawsuit, but I can’t see one stopping this hunt. 

This is great for us but  he never did anything for us in the past.  That makes this another political ploy. Could be that some of the unfortunate victims of bear attacks either are some of his donners or friends of the quid pro quo inventors. Or like what was mentioned prior in his bid to run for Pres. Well if is just politics then he's gona have to abolish that national park serria club land grab BS too. 

9 minutes ago, buck169 said:

This is great for us but  he never did anything for us in the past.  That makes this another political ploy. Could be that some of the unfortunate victims of bear attacks either are some of his donners or friends of the quid pro quo inventors. Or like what was mentioned prior in his bid to run for Pres. Well if is just politics then he's gona have to abolish that national park serria club land grab BS too. 

As a state Governor, he can’t stop a national park. He can say NJ is against it and that’s all.  Assuming he’d do that. 

28 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

If you recall, the bear hunt (actually the entire Plan) was taken all the way to the state Supreme Court and the hunt was upheld. If the antis brought a case, they would have to overcome that which in theory is impossible. I do anticipate a lawsuit, but I can’t see one stopping this hunt. 

Not my intent to question the hunts legality just that in NJ logic is always overruled by emotion. My neighbor is a classic example. She had a Mom and cubs all but keeping her shut in her home for about a month. She would constantly complain to me about the bears. I mentioned that it has been a while since a hunt and she literally starts screaming about how that's murder and wrong. 

11 minutes ago, rem870hunter1 said:

Hopefully stays the same $2.00 bear permit..zone specific.

Zone 1 sells out first and fast.

Son and i hunted bear 2 deer 5 during the extended hunt of 2015 to give us little knowledge of the land layout. Bought bear 1 and 2 in 2016

No zones were still selling out the last few years of the hunt. And that’s part of the problem. NJ bear hunters seem to be happy shooting one and never another. I fell into that category myself. But I’m back at it this year! 

49 minutes ago, OldMenRule said:

Not my intent to question the hunts legality just that in NJ logic is always overruled by emotion. My neighbor is a classic example. She had a Mom and cubs all but keeping her shut in her home for about a month. She would constantly complain to me about the bears. I mentioned that it has been a while since a hunt and she literally starts screaming about how that's murder and wrong. 

Ask her who murdered the chicken or beef on her dinner plate. She’ll shut up fast. :rofl:

3 hours ago, OldMenRule said:

Excellent points in particular the gun issue. Truly hard to blame Covid deaths on Murphy. I was working in multiple hospitals at that time and bed space was at a premium, literal panic had set in and of course little was known about the virus and how it was spread. That said I wonder if any of that 62% lost someone they loved in a nursing home. 

The nursing home deaths is what I was relating back to Murphy. I'm not saying he is solely responsible either, I should have been more clear in my point. He, along with Cuomo, etc made decisions that affected thousands of people, therefore I do think they bear some responsibility..after all, they're at the helm...But we would never hear them admit it; hell I think Cuomo pointed the finger at the CDC to absolve him of any wrongdoing.

The 'approval' Murphy received really has no merit IMO. Polls that came out about covid response all look the same. Heck there was one I remember (maybe we're referring to the same one) where it was like 62% of democrats in democrat states approved of their governors response. Shocker... guess what I'm saying is he didn't do anything eye catching and star studded to "flatten the curve" here; just followed rank and file and per usual, democrats who voted for him act as though he is our lord and savior coming out of the pandemic....

Anyway, enough of that, back to bears.

2 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

He clearly has Presidential aspirations after he’s out. This is all about that. You can’t preach “follow the science” with things like global warming or Covid protocols, and ignore the scientists on your own staff on another matter. He’s now positioning himself for a 2028 run. 

For sure.

Assemblyman Jay Webber told me that the administration realized that the bear situation was spiraling out of control BEFORE his last NJ election. Murphy is true politician. 

I've never hunted bear. I live near Wildcat Ridge WMA. With all the bears I see at my house, I figure I can just go sit on a rock out there and nail one.

3 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

Agreed that he may run for POTUS. A lot of course will happen between now and 2028 but there are plenty of democrats with better name recognition (Newsome, Buttigieg, Whitmer et al) who may be running in 2024 if Biden doesn’t.  If one of them wins it will blow Murphy’s 2028 plans. All big IFs.