IGNORED

NJ Bear Hunt to be Reinstated

BHC

FWIW: we have nothing to thank Murphy for. He should never have stopped the hunt in the first place. Thanking him for correcting an obvious mistake he shouldn't have made in the first place (and was told so in the beginning) is like thanking someone  who promised to pee in your bowl of soup, then pee'd in your soup, and when you complained over and over about the pee he put in your soup, he finally gave you a new pee-less bowl of soup. Gee, thanks.

The Governor is only doing what he thinks will get him votes.  From his new hair doo to letting criminals out jail, there is nothing he will do, that he does not believe, will promote his political ambitions.  He will kick us in the teeth when the political winds change.   

Edited by Cedars
spelling

5 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Not really , just means you can’t shoot cubs .

if it was that way before the antis wouldn’t have been able to get enough people asking to stop it .

same with shooting a sow with cubs , was all about emotions .

Way back when ---PA had the same cub restriction but found out that did not work.  Its hard to determine the size of a bear in the woods and guys were leaving dead bears in the woods after deciding it might be a cub.  Truth is a cub could be over 100lbs. and an adult bear can be under 100lbs.  How on earth can anyone tell the difference.  Bottom line it is good at least they are open to reinstating the hunt. 

17 minutes ago, Cedars said:

The Governor is only doing what he thinks will get him votes.  From his new hair doo to letting criminals out jail, there is nothing he will do, that he does not believe, will promote his political ambitions.  He will kick us in the teeth when the political winds change.   

I hear you but Murphy is limited to two consecutive terms. So he’s out after this term. 

3 hours ago, NJ8pointer said:

Oh yeah screw us.............then when you need culling call us...........not too sure about this

The bear issue was pulled out of the dustbin to obscure the culpability of this administration in the ongoing pandemic farce and vaccine genocide. 

It's not far-fetched; it's the only game in town.

"They" needed a culling.  

I'm not sure why so much "celebration" thinking Murphy did something for us that is owed some ados or thank yous, anything positive. He gave a small minority of hunters a carrot (maybe). Coincidentally right after Malinowski loses 7th district...votes he or any of his cronies are pandering for now don't mean diddly piss so if he makes a decision against his voter base, who cares now, right? 

He didn't make this decision thinking "golly gee, the hunters are right", I'm going to listen to them. If you believe that, sign me up for whatever you're smoking. This is nothing more than more BS politics, he didn't have some coming to Jesus moment because of a few hundred bear hunters and a few thousand more advocates. 

I've had this family coming around my feeder relentlessly since putting it up. I've chased them away multiple times and even went out there with my gun firing multiple rounds to scare them off yet they keep coming back. I still don't think I could kill the sow nor her cubs as a family unit, just a tough mental hurdle to get over. I am however all about keeping the bear in check as its only logical they'll keep proliferating with ever increased negative encounters. 

My one request if the hunt is reinstated is to pick up your damn bait buckets. I have pulled out countless buckets from the woods from lazy a**es that leave them there. Keep our woods clean for our sake as a hunting community  and so the libtards have less to b*tch about. 

IMG_5874.JPG

The restriction on shooting cubs or a bear from a group of bears is comparable to bear hunting regulations that have been in effect within the southern zone of NY State for a long time.

this is from NY State hunting guide

In the Southern Zone, you may not shoot a cub or a bear that should be known to be a cub, shoot any bear from a group of bears, or shoot or take a bear from its den.

https://nj.gov/governor/news/news/562022/approved/20221110a.shtml

the press release from Murphy’s office says:

Governor Murphy Announces Strategy to Safeguard New Jersey Communities and Contain Wildlife 

11/10/2022

Measures Include the Reinstatement of a Regulated Bear Hunt, Trash Management, and Deer Population Controls 

In addition to bringing back bear hunt it also mentions trash management and deer population controls but press release does not elaborate on those two topic.

two people lost their lives this week in deer car crashes, that might have something to do with the timing of this change as well