IGNORED

NJ Bear Hunt to be Reinstated

BHC

27 minutes ago, tick trawler said:

article from October 5, 2020:

".....Murphy added during a conference call with reporters on COVID-19, “This means, drum roll, that the 2020 bear hunt — already limited to a few days in October and December and, pursuant to my 2018 executive order, not permitted on state lands — will be the last bear hunt under my administration,” according to Patch."

https://nypost.com/2020/10/05/new-jersey-looks-to-suspend-bear-hunting-after-this-year/

With a future failed run for the Whitehouse he'll take the breaking of a campaign promise over the blood he already has from pets and livestock and the possibility of human in the future.

He will spin it and say all was done above and beyond we are just not there yet.

Put that in a quote he will say it very soon 

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

12 minutes ago, Roon said:

With a future failed run for the Whitehouse he'll take the breaking of a campaign promise over the blood he already has from pets and livestock and the possibility of human in the future.

He will spin it and say all was done above and beyond we are just not there yet.

Put that in a quote he will say it very soon 

He's reaching for straws now time to think of a new hobby maybe woodworking.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Just now, hunterbob1 said:

He's reaching for straws now time to think of a new hobby maybe woodworking.

Lol no future in it been doing it for 32 years now made money and a life just not Murphy grade lol

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

2 minutes ago, Roon said:

Lol no future in it been doing it for 32 years now made money and a life just not Murphy grade lol

You did better than Murphy ever did in my opinion!

Your post and pictures and stories are priceless!!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

Sparta Mountain is driven at least 4 out of 6 days during 6 Day. Just not by my crew. Some years it helps us, some years it hurts. IMO, the big crew that does it every year does it very poorly. 

Years ago there was a big crew that drove the newark watershed . during 6 day and the meat pole was right on rt 515. bunch of bucks just hanging right on the main road

This should be interesting.

I emailed this lady of the bear group unbeknownst to her me being a hunter but a concerned citizen.

Here was her response back

Screenshot_20221114-112037.png

Here's the problem. All normal/sane people have to work on Tuesdays at 10am. All the loonies who have no life and no job can attend.

This is a in-person meeting only - it will not be virtual or have dial-in/video conferencing available. I contemplating on going, but it's like a 45 minute drive and the fact it starts at 10am means I'd would be required to miss at minimum a half-day of work. Oh well. I wanted to ask what happens after the 60 days? (In case you didn't notice, they are talking about only having an emergency Game Code amendment with the comprehensive black bear management policy effective for only 60 days - after those 2 months, we're back where we started).

50 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

This should be interesting.

I emailed this lady of the bear group unbeknownst to her me being a hunter but a concerned citizen.

Here was her response back

Screenshot_20221114-112037.png

I'll admit to ignorance but I'm wondering how she thinks a bear hunt will help his political aspirations? 

10 minutes ago, OldMenRule said:

I'll admit to ignorance but I'm wondering how she thinks a bear hunt will help his political aspirations? 

He can claim he followed the science on covid, bears etc.   any follow the science on one thing and not another and have a bear attack/death on your hands.  Not a good look

2 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

Here's the problem. All normal/sane people have to work on Tuesdays at 10am. All the loonies who have no life and no job can attend.

This is a in-person meeting only - it will not be virtual or have dial-in/video conferencing available. I contemplating on going, but it's like a 45 minute drive and the fact it starts at 10am means I'd would be required to miss at minimum a half-day of work. Oh well. I wanted to ask what happens after the 60 days? (In case you didn't notice, they are talking about only having an emergency Game Code amendment with the comprehensive black bear management policy effective for only 60 days - after those 2 months, we're back where we started).

Yeah, I was planning to dial in until I realized the meeting is in-person.  The drive is an hour and a half for me. I wouldn’t be able to make it. 

6 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

The Council should come in the 21st century. If they want input that is on the record about decisions being brought before them, they should meet their constituents where they can. If they expect Joe public is going to be available on a Tuesday at 10am for a meeting to chime in for a 3 minute public comment period 3 hours into the meeting, surely they can sacrifice one of their beloved weekend dates during the month to make it so for those who want to actively participate... not everyone is part of an organization or a county federation chapter that's being reflecting by members.

Edited by chenrossi