IGNORED

prime rib

Kype

Usually we go to a big gathering with aunts and uncles, cousins wtc.  It’s ham for us then.  Last year though with the rona we just did it with my parents and brothers family.  We did prime rib and I’ll say it was great.  This year it’s the same for us!  Honestly it’s one of the few times a year I eat red meat that’s not venison.

prime rib as well

I smear butter on all sides, then very generous amount of kosher salt, fresh black pepper herb de provence......pre heeat oven to 500* then I cook it at that temp for 5 mins per pound then shut the oven off don't open it let the roast cook for 2 hrs.......take it out cover with foil and let it rest for 20 to 30 mins allowing the juices to flow back into the meat ......PERFECTION 

5 minutes ago, BHC said:

prime rib as well

I smear butter on all sides, then very generous amount of kosher salt, fresh black pepper herb de provence......pre heeat oven to 500* then I cook it at that temp for 5 mins per pound then shut the oven off don't open it let the roast cook for 2 hrs.......take it out cover with foil and let it rest for 20 to 30 mins allowing the juices to flow back into the meat ......PERFECTION 

That's a great way to do it.  You can do whole eye round roasts with the same technique.

I'm smoking my prime rib over mesquite wood for Xmas this year.  Can't wait 

8 minutes ago, BHC said:

prime rib as well

Been doing them for years this way, except for the occasional smoked prime rib.

While roast is sitting in oven for 2hrs I simmer a port wine gravy with mushrooms and onions.

Got my mouth watering just thinking about it.

1 hour ago, BHC said:

prime rib as well

Didn't you just get a new Pellet smoker? Use that!