IGNORED

prime rib

Kype

13 minutes ago, Jerzguy2 said:

If it's on sale with coupon for under $5 a pound, how can it be $175 ?  Since they limit you to 1 , last year I bought the biggest and cut it into smaller roast and vacuum sealed them. 

i have no idea. my wife went food shopping tonight while i was bringing more firewood up to the house. all i got was a text saying that they didnt have any prime rib except for large cuts that were $175 a piece. 

ill shop around tomorrow and see what i can find. 

5 minutes ago, Kype said:

i have no idea. my wife went food shopping tonight while i was bringing more firewood up to the house. all i got was a text saying that they didnt have any prime rib except for large cuts that were $175 a piece. 

ill shop around tomorrow and see what i can find. 

$175 is the starting price. With the Price Plus card you get an additional discount. Then with the coupon, it gets down to $4.79 a pound. If you don't have the PP card or coupon you pay full price.

Ok, I'll have to look closer. Since I almost never go to any other stores other than the variety of Shoprites, I wait for the coupon and of course have card. I prefer the meat at Costco or a butcher shops though.

Edited by Jerzguy2

12 hours ago, Jerzguy2 said:

Ok, I'll have to look closer. Since I almost never go to any other stores other than the variety of Shoprites, I wait for the coupon and of course have card. I prefer the meat at Costco or a butcher shops though.

Yes Costco has good meat. Both choice and prime. Something people don't know about Costco steaks is they are "blade tenderized" meaning they pass under a machine. It's like a big "jacquard" if you are familiar with one. If you read the small print on the label it will state that. It tells you to cook the meat to a certain point to avoid bacteria that can be inserted into the meat by this process. 

I have a Jacquard at home and I use it to tenderize steaks at home. 

Edited by archer36

15 hours ago, Kype said:

my wife is at shoprite now in phillpsburg. she said they only have prime rib there for $175. i guess its the larger cuts. all i wanted was a 3 bone prime rib but i guess they dont have any. 

might try raths tomorrow but i wasnt impressed the last time i went there. i think theres a decent butcher in washington. arctic meats? i think its called. i never been there. 

Arctic Foods has good meat.  Can't go wrong there.  Alpine in Blairstown is good too.  

I'll have to try Alpine as I'm always up in Washington. Funny, I fished in Canada several times for Atlantic Salmon with the owner, but never tried the store. Can't go wrong with the Alpine, it was always my go to place for German meats until I found a place closer.