IGNORED

WHATS YOUR SMALL GAME SHOTGUN ?

JD48

Depends on what I feel like using. In SxSs I have a Parker, Fox and L C  Smith in 12 gauge, a Nitro Special in 16 gauge and a CZ Bobwhite in 20 gauge. In O/Us I have four Beretta 686s; one 12 and 3 20 gauge and three Citoris; one 20 gauge and two 16 gauge. Never owned a semi- auto and used a pump one year but didn’t like it. Only use my pump for deer and turkey hunting.

I'm a ole school rabbit hunter, when rabbit hunting I'm always with the hounds in the thick, nasty briar, swamps etc. So a $1500 gun would be pretty banged up in a couple of seasons.   My rem wingmaster 20 and my mossberg 500 20 gauge in a youth model ( very light and swings perfect in tight spots) are what I use.  They are beat up, scratched up, but are reliable as hell, 

4 minutes ago, Dominant buck said:

I'm a ole school rabbit hunter, when rabbit hunting I'm always with the hounds in the thick, nasty briar, swamps etc. So a $1500 gun would be pretty banged up in a couple of seasons.   My rem wingmaster 20 and my mossberg 500 20 gauge in a youth model ( very light and swings perfect in tight spots) are what I use.  They are beat up, scratched up, but are reliable as hell, 

Same here. My rabbit gun is an old Savage Stevens .410 double side by side. 

My first “new” shotgun was Remington 1100 LT20 ga - 28” modified barrel. My dad got it for me when I was 16.  So light and swung so well. Never needed choke  tubes. #9 low brass for woodcock first two shots and a high brass #7.5 for the 3rd. For pheasants and rabbits - #6 low brass first shot #7.5 high brass second shot and #6 high brass third shot.  Gun was extremely lethal in my teens through mid 20’s until I succumbed to full time Bowhunter.  But I also had a great GSP  be good beagle then too. Still have the gun and my dad’s 20ga Parker SXS which is what he carried. Even lighter. 

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….