IGNORED

Why do you stay in New Jersey,High Taxes, Taxed Pension,Terrible Gun Laws, Answer is simple for some.

bushden

37 minutes ago, 230jhp said:

I'm seriously considering moving to Alabama in this next year.

I had a home in Cottondale FL on the panhandle close to Alabama border, If I ever move from NJ it would be to Alabama!! Good fishing, good hunting, good taxes, good gun laws and most of all good friendly people.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

I was stationed in Jersey for most of my military career. Got married and had my children here. Retired out of the military when I was stationed at Minot, ND. I loved it out there but the wife's family is still in Philadelphia and Jersey is where my kids have known as home for most of their lives, so much to my dislike we moved back to Jersey. I got a federal position doing what I was doing when I was in the military back on Joint Base so I don't see me leaving any time soon unfortunately.

1 hour ago, mvl30 said:

I was stationed in Jersey for most of my military career. Got married and had my children here. Retired out of the military when I was stationed at Minot, ND. I loved it out there but the wife's family is still in Philadelphia and Jersey is where my kids have known as home for most of their lives, so much to my dislike we moved back to Jersey. I got a federal position doing what I was doing when I was in the military back on Joint Base so I don't see me leaving any time soon unfortunately.

That's is about a mirror image of how my career unfolded except I only visited Colorado when I was TDY at FT Carson, I retired from JBMDL in 2010

Edited by bushden

HONOR THE FALLEN
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

1 hour ago, Big8PTR said:

Sold our house back in December.  Will be out on NJ come May/June when our house will be finished in South Carolina. Adios Murphy and your high taxes!!

Good luck with the associations in SC new communities, they are their own little dictator governments. SC is a nice state as long as you stay away from communities run by associations.

HONOR THE FALLEN

My wife’s family has been NJ folk since the beginning.  I’m a PA boy(pocono area).  I do hvac and smart buildings for a living.  Needless to say NJ has much better Opportunities  and pay Then PA but cost of living is much higher.  I hate the gun laws more then anything.

We decided to settle in Morris county which I like cause it’s more my speed.  My wife’s family lives in the Newark area.  Too many people for me.  Might as well be NYC.

We have talked about moving to sussex or warren counties.  But to me at that point I might as well cross the gap and save the money.  

next house is deff PA. im already 10 min from PA so whats the point. my wife can re locate her job into PA. ill deal with the drive. i have no desire for saltwater fishing or sand or crowds. more freedoms over the border and less money. doesnt make any sense for me to stay where i am when PA is a stone throw away. 

Edited by Kype

I was one foot out the door (had already given my job notice , so I could train my replacement )when I met my girlfriend . Headed to Maine . I decided to stay . She’s got a good job and cannot relocate . I’d never ask her to leave that job or her family. So for the foreseeable future , I’m here . I do joke and tell her we may have to turn this into a long distance relationship though . 

We are beginning to discuss what our retirement is going to look like and we both agree that NJ is likely not it. But both our moms are here although not for much longer unfortunately. Both have their health issues and are in their 80s. Our daughter has two years to graduate with her Masters and she thinks she wants to stay in the general tri-state area.  We have our eyes on a couple of farms in upstate near where friends have two farms.  Too early to say where and when we will land, but I’m ready for something new. I work all over the country, so just need a truck and an airport and I’m good to go.  NJ has a lot to offer, but selling a home on one acre and buying a farm well over 100 acres with a house for the same price as we sell the NJ house is starting to sound better and better. 

Edited by Bucksnbows