IGNORED

Why do you stay in New Jersey,High Taxes, Taxed Pension,Terrible Gun Laws, Answer is simple for some.

bushden

40 minutes ago, formakos said:

New Jersey is the second most expensive state in the Northeast to retire and the fourth most expensive nationwide. The average 65 year old in the Garden State will spend an estimated $1,359,968 to live comfortably throughout retirement, about $240,000 more than the typical 65 year old American.
A long life expectancy partially explains the higher costs, as the typical 65 year old New Jersey resident lives a year longer, on average, than the typical 65 year old American. The most consequential factor, however, is the state's high cost of living. Goods and services in New Jersey are 16% more expensive than the average nationwide.

All true !

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

On 2/2/2021 at 2:11 PM, bushden said:

GRANDCHILDREN

I had to edit this to add Grandson who does not hunt but is a 2nd degree blackbelt. I caught hell from my wife for leaving him out.

IMG_0744.JPG

IMG_0849.JPG

IMG_0850.JPG

144566061_10222085877430489_1908867812983348075_0.jpg

Great Pics! I too am am a 2nd Degree Black Belt in Isshinru Karate. Sensei was Well renowned- John Deblasio. 

Starting my 40th year! And,I  have 45 Years of Boxing Training. 61 now.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

Just came across this. NJ has the 5th lowest crime rate. I don't know if people are aware of it and it effects their decision making. Interesting to see our level of law enforcement compared to others:

Safest States in America (msn.com)

46. New Jersey
> Violent crime rate: 206.9 per 100,000 people
> Total 2019 murders: 262 (22nd most)
> Incarceration rate: 210 adults per 100,000 (8th lowest)
> Poverty rate: 9.2% (5th lowest)
> Most dangerous city: Camden

New Jersey has the fifth lowest violent crime rate of any state, at just under 207 incidents per 100,000 people. The state reported lower rates of all four violent crimes — murder, rape, robbery, and aggravated assualt — than the national rates.

In spite of its low crime rate, New Jersey has the highest share of full-time law enforcement employees, with 549 such employees per 100,000 state residents — well above the national rate of 306 per 100,000.

Edited by archer36

I've lived in 5 states and three continents, going from ice cold to tropical and rich to poor. Some were tasty places, some were grim. All that I've managed to learn is that most any place is what you make of it.  That said, I really wanna drive a bulldozer over the next McMansion that gets put up near me. I also wanna throttle the people whose lawn chemicals and gardening crews threaten "my" brook. 

On 2/3/2021 at 9:55 AM, archer36 said:

We are talking "migration" here. Migration is usually for economic and environmental reasons. As long as there is somewhere cheaper to live, people will go there. A lot of people can't afford retirement in NJ. You can't blame them for moving. I've been hearing about this "exodus" from NJ for over 50 years now. I don't hear any echoes out there. Houses and apartments are in big demand and shortages exist. NJ is attractive to New Yorkers. I saw an Apartment in NYC for $1600 a month. One room, shared bathroom, no kitchen. Coming to NJ you can get a beautiful 1,000 sf, 2 bath apt for the same cost. EVERYTHING IS RELATIVE. 

Those 1600sg ft,  2Bath apts  @ $1600 a month are getting harder and harder to find.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL