IGNORED

What Do You Use To Clean Your Firearms?

BHC

It depends on the firearm. 

On my center-fire rifles I start with Birchwood-Casey bore scrubber. However, I have about a half dozen different solvents. I normally clean multiple times with a variety of solvents. Getting the copper fouling out is a process. Once I leave it soak then get a patch through that is not green then I know I got the copper out of the rifling.

On my inlines I use some muzzleloader aquius stuff I forget the name.. I fire the White-Hot pellets in the Triumph. It cleans up pretty easy.  In the Black Diamond I use 777. It doesn't clean up as easy as the WH, but the gun shoots more accurately with the 777.

On the flintlock and the caplock I use the tried and true bucket of hot soapy water pumped through the barrel to clean out black powder residue.

On the savage 220 I use the Bore-scrubber. I have an attachment that allows me to use a 2o gage brush on the rotating cleaning rod I would normally use for rifles.

For my conventional shotguns it's Bore-scrubber 

Both my pistols have stainless barrels.. Bore scrubber again.

With all my guns once they are clean I clean and protect with CLP. Except the muzzloaders, there I use Bore-Butter.

Edited by 230jhp

I also have an ultrasonic cleaning bath. I use it for inline muzzloaders breach plugs and the disassembled bolt and other small AR-15 parts.

Once I was having trouble with my Marlin.22 not ejecting shells. I put the bolt in the ultrasonic fully assembled. After flushing it out with WD-40 it worked fine again.

Lately been using lucas gun oil.   Very little goes a long way.  If I know the particular gun will be subject to extreme cold I will use solvent to clean oil very lightly dry and then use graphite on moving parts

It depends. If I use rounds with plastic collars, I use a plastic cleaner first. If I use copper plated shot, I'll use a copper cleaner. After that a general "gun scrubber" will finish it up. I always leave a slight metal lube, preferably synthetic, as little as possible, almost dry.